Protyre - Exeter

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by GTi_8v, Dec 3, 2003.

1. GTi_8v Forum Member

Had 4 Goodyear Eagle Venturas fitted yesterday by Exeter's Protyre on Marsh Barton Estate. I'm only running 185/60/14 orginal 8v steelies, but very resonably priced, good advice and service.

Had a 4 point laser alignment & camber done at the same time and they have transformed the handling - vey smooth to drive now, and from the readouts it wasn't too far out in the first place.

Anyway, rant over, just that i would highly recommend them.

2. wussel Forum Member

I had a laser wheel alignment done by them with my 8v a couple of years ago and they seem to know what they were doing then. Glad to see somone else recommending them, I will take my 16v there in a few months after I have done all my suspension mods.

Who are you then GTI_8V? How come I havn't seen you at any of the devon club GTI meetings? It would be good to see some new faces there, everyone is well in to VW's of all types, and would welcome a new face.

3. GTi_8v Forum Member

I thought the same, better get the geometry right if i was getting decent tyres put on, especially as i hadn't had it done since my new suspension went on!

Sorry, haven't been able to make it to a meeting yet. I work in a bar so evening meetings aren't always possible! Will be making the effort soon though.

I'm a student at Exeter Uni, please no abuse [:$] having to work hard to pay for the ideas you people on here give me, and the occasional pint!

4. Mikedav Forum Member

Im in Exeter and I got bought alloys for Xmas from there. But my dad bought 15"s - for a MK4. And I had 16"s already. They couldnt return them as they had fitted tyres and balanced them, but they agreed to take them into stock so I could order something in a 17".

I dont think they are particuarly cheap but they were very helpful, definetly nothing bad to report.

5. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i got my wheels/tyres from protyre i bristol. Bit cheaper coz my old man uses them for tyres in work but decent place anyway.

6. matt d Forum Member

Someone else we haven't see at our monthly meets ;)