PS3 release put back!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Valleys boy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. scottgroovez Forum Member

I'm overly bothered by graphics. It is nice to have impressive visuals, but the games I like have great gameplay and just absorb me into them.

2. Webber-Magic New Member

Yes, I used to swear blind I prefered PC's over consoles until I bought my 360. So much easier then running power hungry games on PC's. On par, if not better visuals and generally a much better frame rate. I find its more down how well the game is made, than actual hardware as to how well they perform. But you already new that ;)

3. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol: better compared to your pc maybe? [:D]

it's not just down to how a game is made either.... if you have the hardware then you can scale a game way above the original console spec, that's the beauty of pc games. compare oblivion on a pc, with the mod enhancements switched on, to the vanilla version on the xbox360 and you'll see what i mean... :lol:

4. Webber-Magic New Member

I used to have a fairly good PC last year. Although I sold it and now have a workhorse, so to speak.

I find some games run poorly on any PC, unless their massivley over spec'd to the original requirments of the game. I.E Halo for the PC ran like a dog on any system I have ever played it on (this was some time ago mind).

I never found oblivion that spectacular to watch on the 360 and I've never played it on the PC so I can't comment on that. I'd like to see a sub 1k PC play Gears of War to the standard that the 360 does though, as an example. I think you'd agree you need a lot of money to have "the best" pretty graphics that out do a console on a PC these days.

5. b'locks Forum Addict

yeah you would but then it's all down to what you prefer. i personally just get bored with consoles so i don't get them anymore. most people these days have a pc and console so whilst a decent gaming pc might cost a grand, it's also a pc... if you own a console then the cost of that plus your pc probably comes close anyway... i never spend any more than 20 on a game either so i couldn't live with 40 for a console game...

as for some games running badly yeah that is true and part of it is tweaking games, etc. i'm a bit of a geek when it comes to stuff like that and i actually enjoy all the tweaking, etc which is probably why i get bored with consoles.

6. Webber-Magic New Member

Yeah I'm ashamed to admit it, but I used to spend our "tweeking" my PC, trying to get HL2 to run its best with different GFX card tools.

Then I got a life :lol:

(still secretly wishes he had a decent pc)

7. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol:

maybe i shouldn't have admitted to actually 'enjoying' the tweaking [:$] :lol:

8. Claypole Forum Junkie

If you had a decent pc you wouldn't need to tweak it you just pile in with full detail at 1600x1200 and watch the XBox crying in the corner at it's cut down PC games castoffs. :lol:

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

I'm not a Sony fan but i think the PS3 is going to shock a lot of people, i saw one running the other day & couldn't believe it.

10. b'locks Forum Addict

totally unimpressed by what i've seen so far, but then i guess it depends on what you're used to.

11. suttonval Forum Member

Dont think a console will ever produce the graphics clarity, frame rate speed and quality of a decent PC simply because by the time the consoles have been through all the design, testing, marketing etc they are already out of date.

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

not when made in conjunction with the people that make the gfx cards chips in the 1st place?

i think your going to be shocked mate & thats coming from someone who is getting a nintendo wii

13. Phil. Forum Junkie

I have no choice, I have to buy a PS3 for Gran Turismo 5.

The only game you'll ever need!!!

14. b'locks Forum Addict

i've always found every GT game boring as hell tbh

15. madmonkey Forum Addict

Burnout Revenge TBH.[:D]

Got GT4 but hardly ever play it, won't backup onto the HDD either.[:x]

16. Webber-Magic New Member

I think all Burnouts are cack tbh :lol:

All the Gt's are good, but I think Forza 2 is looking pretty tasty as well as GTR 2.

17. b'locks Forum Addict

burnout, now that's a quality driving game. [8D][8D][8D]

18. scottgroovez Forum Member

Logical games are where it's at [:-B]

19. superden Forum Addict

So true, Halo was a*se on even a well specced machine.

20. b'locks Forum Addict

bad console port