Pulled for speeding - What happens next?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rick the spud, Apr 18, 2007.

1. yep, bought one from the market or something. i've heard of people applying for a duplicate licence when their's is still clean too.

coz they're theoretically banned!

2. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I've heard of the 2 licence scenario, but unless he has 2 licences in 2 different names which is very unlikely, even persons missing out middle names don't get away with this. he will still have 1 driving licence number.

Thus if he was caught at that speed, a a simple PNC would probably disclosed that he was either disqualified from driving or had no licence, and also the fact that his bike was not insured, this data is all contained in the PNC.

Thus I'm quite sure if all these offences were also, and should have been libelled, he would have been given more than the fine and ban imposed.

Thus I think your friend is telling severe porkies about something

3. apparently he showed the court the licence with 6 points on, and they never did a check, just sentenced him accordingly...!

4. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

But even then they will have done a check on his DVLA record which would have shown the true amount of points on his licence.

He would have then got banned for a lot longer.

Sorry Rick everything points to your mate talking BS.

5. Got zapped ( mobile unit 1/4 van poking out of side of bridge ) doing 90 in a 60 ( you need to know the road A413 Wendover bypass ) before comments 1 mile long, straight with fields either side not built up etc anyway, got offered the driver course by Thames Valley's finest of which of course you do. My fine for this is 3 points @ 60

Was told there that Gatso's are only in place where there is a history of accidents etc, all good I believe in that. Mobile units are used where there is greater history of people driving faster than limit even when accidents rates are below limit of gatso need ( Nice little earner I say )

Funny enough as mentioned in goading I had a 56'plate Nissan350z this weekend, just coming home at 4am, stopped at set of lights and panda car came alongside. Lights went green i of course drove normal but sound of car is meaty, the panda came behind me, tucked in dead close ( 5ft ) on a totally otherwise empty road and followed me round 3 roundabouts. I stuck dead on 30 although the car did struggle to do this lol, eventually they realised they were not going to get a pull and after 5 mins of following turned off.

Re the thread, you just gotta accept whatever happens, say what you need to say re trying to get a reduced fine / points etc but otherwise as Dunter said, it's already there as evidence. Hope it works out as you need it to.

6. red 8V Forum Member

Nissan350z i want one !

7. been over three weeks and still haven't heard anything!

should they have given me any paperwork at the side of the road, cos i didn't get anything...

8. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

They will have 6 months to serve paperwork on you.

9. b'locks Forum Addict

i got caught by a gatso doing 65 in a 40, just sent the paperwork back today [><]

was an innocent mistake, didn't even realise i had entered the 40 zone until the camera flashed although there are loads of signs everywhere so guess i should have just been more alert [><]

i have no idea what fines/points to expect, anyone done similar?

10. somebody said cos i didn't have my licence or any paperwork on me they should have given me a producer. true?

how long is it b4 paperwork usually comes through. not knowing is doing my head in...! [8-}]

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yup... still 6 months. from memory its 6 months from the date on which they have enough evidence to 'do' you lol

so its very open and can be a very long time

12. prof Forum Addict

6 months from a camera too?

thought they only had 2 weeks?

13. b'locks Forum Addict

dunno, mine was a gatso and it only took a week for it to come through. i've been given 3 points and 60 btw, which i'm relieved about.

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

if its a gatso they issue a pretty much automated NIP. the limitation period for one of those is 14 days.

if youre pulled over at the side of the road, caught on video camera by an unmarked car at 108mph (like my sis was) then they have 6 months from the date which the video is compiled and the attending officer's statements are taken.

15. Dubya Forum Junkie

If you are pulled over then they have 6 months to lay the case before the courts. The court may then take longer to send out a summons to you.

16. think i've got away with it. been way over 6 months and haven't heard a dickie bird!

got another sp30 though. accelerating out of a 30 limit round a corner, 10 yards before a 60 limit, and the coppers were hiding behind trees in a layby, which was full of cars they had pulled over - just plain naughty in my book.

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

no, like i said, the only limitation they have to adhere to is to make sure it is issued within 6 months of they date they have sufficient edivence to prosecute

18. i heard from a cop mate of mine that they have to let u know, in writing, what they're doing with the case within 6 months of the Notice of Intended Prosecution (which they effectively gave me at the side of the road).

19. cocobay63 Forum Member

could always say that you wasnt aware of the new speed limits, just say the enviroment of the road didnt justify it, how long ago did it go in ? we hear this alot wear i work you need to say were the drivers consulted for public consultation prior to the new speed limits going in,

20. 71matt New Member

They have to let you know within 2 months. Did you view the video evidence? Did you ask about the calibration of the equipement? If you've any doubt get a good brief and go not gulity.If your going quilty your looking at 3-6 points and a fine. I got pulled on m23 a few years back by one using LTI radar, reckons i was doing 105mph in a fully laden 1.7 diesel van! I pleaded not guilty, eventually after 18 months they threw the case out of court. I hope you get a result either way and a lienent magistrait