quality and fitment of "repro" products.

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by darrren, Jan 30, 2011.

1. darrren Forum Member

well next weekend ill start stripping my golf down which seems clean at the minute but no doubt there be somthing which need replacing. Ive looked on your site vwh20 and have saw your wide range of body panels like wings for example. My question is i noticed on each item you have a bit that says quality:repro. Im just wondering if the parts are a good fit and good quality that will last a long time once fitted?? like your rear valance panel for example,would that be a good fit if replacing one and isit still made of metal as the price doesnt seem to bad?stupid question i know but id rather ask than not know. Thankyou and look forward to doing buisness with you soon.

2. James V Forum Member

Hi,

We try to be as honest as possible when it comes to describing items, if we can offer a genuine replacement panel, we will, most of the repro stuff is pretty good, and in the case of weld-in panels (like the rear valance you mentioned) then any tweaking needed is minimal when you consider the amount of work involved in fitting them anyway.

All repro panels are metal, so unless they are properly prepped/painted then they can rust, same as genuine ones, but if painted properly and fitted well they'll last well.
    In some cases the fit isn't as good as genuine (front wings are an example of this) but if there isn't a genuine option then unfortunately there isn't really a choice, if you have any questions/queries then give us a call and we'll run through the options with you.

3. darrren Forum Member

thanks for your reply mate. Do you sell slam panels and subframes?? im having trouble finding them on the site.and where you say if preped properly the repro stuff lasts well,if my car is in a dry garage all its life is it upto the job of lasting a few years? And also hazard switch for the later mk2 golf (steering rack mounted) as i can only find the switch for the earlier midels where its mounted on the dash,sorry to ask so much,and thanks.

4. James V Forum Member

We do a slam panel as part of a complete from panel which can be found here

We do a front cross member (the part the front engine mount sits on) which is under part no. 191-199-171/E and comes in at 38.59

And the front subframe under part number 191-199-315/AD (suitable for all exc. G60) which comes in at 116.65

Neither of those two are currently on the website but should be tomorrow, if you wanted to order them you'd have to do so by phone until tomorrow.

The hazard switch you're after comes as part of the wiper stalk, and can be found here I've linked you to the GTI one, but we also do a non-MFA version.

The panels will be absolutely fine with the car being kept in a dry garage, they'd be fine kept on the street, just as long as they're painted and prepped properly.

All the prices I've quoted include the CGTI discount, and VAT

Hope that helps,

James