Quality of over mats...

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Zender Z20, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Looking at (carpet) over mats for the MK1, though it's jumping the gun a little since the car's a long way off from being anywhere near the stage of needing them.

I know they come in all sorts of qualities and the material used is graded by weight, the higher the number the better apparently.

The higher the grade, the higher the cost too, so don't want to get either something that's paper thin nor overspend on something that's fit for a limo.

Have mats of different qualities in our various cars and they're able to give me an idea of what I'm after, trouble is how do you accurately relate them to images on-line, can't really!

Anyone has had a set for a while and they're holding up to use and can remember where they got them / the grade bought etc?

2. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

I think you have answered your own question - cheap ones are not fit for purpose and the mega expensive ones are probably overkill. Somewhere in the middle cost wise would probably fit the bill.

3. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

And therein's my problem... I need someone who's bought mid (or other range) mats and can say how good they are / weight they were being advertised as.

4. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member