Queen, Live at Wembley from 1986

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by A.N. Other, Jul 29, 2014.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I thought I'd share this vid. I remember it in the late '80s, it was on mainstream TV and I have it still on VHS somewhere.

[video=youtube;_kSrNlF1Nxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kSrNlF1Nxg[/video]

A couple of weeks ago I went along to a tribute concert in London, which was exactly [STRIKETHROUGH]18[/STRIKETHROUGH] 28 years on the anniversary of the Wembley gigs. People were there that were at the original, all the way from Scotland. One big sing along, like it was yesterday :thumbup:

The vid is a staggering reminder of talents of this band and in particular Freddie Mercury. Whatever anyone's views, what a showman engaging a packed stadium like he did :thumbup: A stand out concert :thumbup:

Stick it on one evening and enjoy nearly 2 hours of mega tunes :thumbup:

I remember when he died, there were loads of folk at his house. I'd never been so I took a visit last week to where he used to live in Kensington:

[​IMG]

Still, 20+ years later, it's a shrine to his talents with people dropping by from all countries with their messages :thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Wembley_'86

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    EZ_Pete likes this.
  2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

I don't wanna make you feel old, but isn't it 28 years ago, not 18? :o

Will look forward to having a listen. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

I remember watching it on one of these back in the day (which I never should of got rid of even if it was a bit salty). I still have the full schematics for it somewhere.

[​IMG]

I also remember Rob Newman in a sketch after his death with a punchline that went something like "we were told he was so brave coming out, etc, but no.... 24hrs before his bottom finally fell off he admits he's gay."

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Not at all - you're older than me!

Fixed :thumbup:

5. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Still can't believe all this time later I turned down tickets for this very gig and could still hear it 4 miles away at my parents house, old style Wembley