Question please. Vento and Golf

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by VWSaxon, Sep 28, 2004.

1. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

Right, im going to put a mk3 golf front end on my new vento. well when i find one. but i was reading before. obviously i need lights and grille.
    now, i read it doing it the other way round, i.e. vento on to golf front, i read that you need the vento bonnet, cause the golf bonnet aint long enough, right?
    so really if my vento bonnet is longer than the golf one, i dont need a new bonnet do i? or do i? [8(]

[:D]
    cheers

2. Atlas 12v Forum Member

Trial fit and see it may look good slightly longer...

3. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

Thats what me thought. so do the lights and grille fit straight on?!!?

4. mincecfc2 Forum Member

I'm pretty sure the Golf front end requires the Golf bonnet and likewise the Vento front end requires the Vento bonnet. I think the leading edge of the bonnet is different for both applications.

But then, I'm no expert.

On VWVortex, every time I've seen pic threads of conversions, they always have replaced the bonnet from the donor car.

5. MrBen Forum Junkie

The issue isn't the length of the bonnet, it's the difference in shape at the front. If you put Golf lights and grille on but leave the Vento bonnet, there will be a big gap between the bonnet and grille. Surely, the point of putting the Golf front on is to give it the curvier 'face' and the shape of the bonnet is part of that!

6. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

Of course, [:s] silly me, ive never noticed how the mk3 bonnets are shaped round the lights! whereas the vento bonnet is straight.
    so theres no way around that one!
    doh! [:$]