Ram Air Filter

Discussion in '8-valve' started by spinerkop, Dec 5, 2012.

1. spinerkop New Member

[:s] Ok me again stupid question after stupid question, got given a ram air filter from a mate,

How does one fit this ok i get the part from the inlet part but then at the air box you have AMS and two other small pipes going into the box, Now I understand that some how the filter fits on the end of the AMS but what do you do with the other two pipes >>>> surely they are there for a reason?

ok so if i do not want to swiss cheese the box instead would it make sense to install a big enough diameter duct from end of box where air inlet is down to bottom of bumper and use a panel filter instead would this not give you just as much cold air intake ...

oh the engine is a digifant 1.8 8v ...... erm not to be a pain but a small sketch could help or pics please

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Fancy air filters don't make a big difference on the 8v. Swiss cheese the bottom of the box and run a standard filter - you'll have no issues and is cheaper.