Rattling Mk2 door panels - How to solve

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Driver1.6, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Driver1.6 Forum Member

Been trying out various CDs in the golf but if I want any audible bass the door panels rattle like a kids toy. Can't really justify spending 150+ on Audioscape pods, so is there any way I can just soundproof the doors? When I buy some new speakers I will pick up some dynamat/brown bread for the actual panels, but what can I do about the plastic fitted pods rattling?

I was thinking of putting some thin foam sheeting between all the joined edges/screws, would this help? Thanks

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

i loaded my old plastic pods with dynamatt...seemed to do the job...i also put a blob of silicon behind the grille

3. mbh69 Forum Member

you can reinforce them by coating the back in fibreglass and dynomat or even use flashing tape on the door skin

4. Driver1.6 Forum Member

Thanks for the ideas. After I put some Brown Bread on the door itself I might try taking all the plastic panels apart, coat them with silicon and put them back together. Hopefully should stop the rattle!

5. DaySpring Forum Member