rear door mk4 not opening. help!!!!

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by gdoors, Mar 21, 2007.

1. gdoors Forum Member

here's the problem,
    put my daughter in the rear of the car, as normal, got to our destination, got her out of the car, as normal. went to put her back in the car and the door won't open!!!!!![:^(] .
    tried all i can think of and the door still wont open, the thing is i can't open it from the inside either as the chuffin child lock is on [:x] [:x] the door unlocks, i belive (the button pops up) and when operating the handle it feels as tho its trying to open just not!!!!!
    it is a '98 mk4 golf 5 door. has anyone got any idea how to open the door please. help help.

2. Seraph Banned

you need to get a locksmith(or anyone who can) to get the door open, then you can strip the trim and see whats going on.

3. crzyazzpolak717@yahoo.com New Member

locksmith for a door w/out a lock? lmao yea those handles are known to fall apart sometimes, you gotta takeit apart and see if sumthing fell of da hing or if sumthing snaped that u have to replace

4. gdoors Forum Member

will do that if i can get the door open, has anyone taken a door card off with the door shut??? my main problem is opening the door[:s]

5. dangeruss245 New Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  6. gdoors Forum Member

i have tried the gentle pressure on the door whilst operating the handles with no avail. i haven't had the window replaced so i can't do the warranty thing, but i will try the other suggestion. thank you very much:clap: , any other pointers??
    will tell you my findings, gonna be the weekend tho

cheers again

7. gdoors Forum Member

well what a morning i have had with this little ***** of a problem. managed to get door card off ok with no probs, after dimantling the interior first:lol:, but the door still would not open. i figured that i need to get the child lock off to be able to open it. there was just enough room to see the child lock screw if i pulled back the inside door seal. then what a tw@t it was to turn the screw. done it in the end. i can open the door now:clap: :clap: :clap:
    i have now found the problem with the exterior door handle, it seems as though there should be a small plastic "clip" connected to the handle. well its not. does anyone know what this part is called? so i can order a new one please[:$]

8. Seraph Banned

explain it to the parts person, they'll identify it from etka