recirculating BOV questions

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Lod_Dub, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Lod_Dub Forum Member

hi.

im building a G60 turbo and am going to be running large turbo on it, at the moment im not sure if its a large T3 or a T35, ill wait and hear from Turbo Tecnics as they reconditioned it.

all im worried about is lag, and how to reduce it. so i decided on a few things, like making an exhaust manifold with the shortedt exhaust tracks i could, using a long single pass intercooler. and i have decided to use a recirculating bov.

i know how they work, and hope that the released pressure will help the turbo spin up quicker.

i was just wondering where is the best place for the BOV to be fitted. im using individual throttle bodies and a custon plenum chamber, so i was kinda thinking the best place would be to attach the recirculating bov to this. is this the best place for it?

and the air thats released back into the inlet manifold, where is the best place to pipe it back too? i was thinking about piping it right back infront of the compresser inlet on the turbo, to maximise the effects of the recirculating BOV in helping spin the turbo up to reduce lag. is this a good idea?

ne more info on how to reduce lag in my setup would be greatly appriciated. :)

2. Lod_Dub Forum Member

no one?

3. Jon TDI Forum Member

Best place to put them is between the intercooler & turbo. Preferably closer to the turbo.
    The bypassed air should be fed back into the air inlet piping just before the turbo.

I've got a diagram of the induction from a 1.8T somewhere but I can't find it.
    Edited by: Jon TDI