Recording boost

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Danallkins, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

I've just fitted all new silicone boost pipes and a silicone TIP to my MK4 AUQ. How do I record the boost? I think it's 0115 but don't know how to do it or what is the expected numbers?

2. Classy6 Forum Member

Spot on with 115.

In 115, Check the ACTUAL atmospheric pressure with the engine off, ignition on & record = X

Log group 115 & do a 3rd if possible, or 2nd gear run from near idle to redline.

Examine log after & Actual boost whilst driving from the log = Y

Y - X * 0.0145 = Boost in Psi.

Leaks can be can be determined by comparing specified boost to actual boost created in mbar.

Heres a log I did last week:

[​IMG]

3. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

That is excellent!!!! What a detailed reply, cheers mate, I'll do it tonight.

I was getting limp mode so I've done a PVC delete and installed a catch can and this weekend I've put in a silicone TIP and boost pipes.... However limp mode came back this morning on a short run!!

4. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Ok so I have done a few runs and saved them, pressing mark twice for 2nd gear run, and three times for third gear... not sure what I'm looking at now lol
    Also the car went in to limp mode again. scanned it and got same codes:

Any idea? I have no PVC system as I'm running a catch can system and now on silicone boost pipes?!?

5. Classy6 Forum Member

Use the marker at the start & end of the run. Think you can only use it 3 times its just helpful to know when you start the run & when you end as you can't always start & stop the log exactly when it begins/ends.

What states your diverter valve in?

6. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

fine I guess. Its a forge 007p - I a service pack for it from Forge last year when I got the car to try and resolve this problem. and they send me a different colour spring for the DV - it was running on a Blue spring, but now its on a Green spring. Does this sound about right for a 1.8T AUQ (180BHP)??? the car in its life had been running 240bhp I was told hence why I got the spring changed? maybe it the wrong spring? (confused)