remap help - Golf Mk6 Diesel 140bhp

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by jegaboo, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jegaboo Forum Member

Looking at getting more power out of the wifes 140bhp TDi. (Would be happy with 167bhp etc)
    So many companies on the web - have not got a clue which to go for.
    Any help would be great - apols if threads on this already on here - not been on here for ages.

Also its a company car so concerned that on servicing it may be detectable???

thanks
    J

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Hi J

The unit fitted in our wifes car is the common rail unit, which was introduced last year so must of found it's way to the tuners by now!

AmD were always the first port of call with remapping the Mk4 R32 when they first cam out (they have a traders section here > http://clubgti.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Revo and Custom code are also the current main tuners ( theres also few custom code dealers sponsoring the club)

on the note of detecting, it can be found if looked for - there is a test plan that checks output of various values during a WOT road test, but is never needed to be done!
    I'd be more concerned about any recalls that is carried out during service visit that may cover a software update to the engine ECU, which is essentially a remap from VAG to 'improve' drivabitly - or were the map needs a tweak

3. jegaboo Forum Member

thanks crispy

4. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

remap software update

had my mk6 tdi remapped then it had to go in for a lamba sensor and dpf regeneration but it was booked in for another remap the net day because i wasnt happy with the map when they did the first dyno it was running at 140.4 hp and the software had been updated and my remap taken off the first map luckily they could still remap the car by taking the ecu out as the new software prevented mapping through the obd port.