remote locking probs!

Discussion in 'Security' started by JIMMY GTI, Jul 13, 2007.

1. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

my toad alarm works, the lock works on drivers side, the anti hijack works on both doors with ignition on.
    when i arm the alarm it makes the chirp sound, drops the drivers door pin but the passenger pin drops very slow then comes back up slowly! leaving the door open.
    please shed some light as im a bit p*ssed off!
    thanks

2. steve wub New Member

had this problem with mine, its the 5 wire door motor in the drivers door, they have a small switch in them that just pack up and send a dodgy feed to the pump in the boot, i just took mine apart and sprayed it with electrical cleaner only problem is they are a sealed unit and a bit tricky[:s] prob just as easy to get a new one fitted should only work out about 20 for the new motor and about half hour labour to fit

3. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

any pics of pump in drivers door mate just so i know im in right place? its vacuum locking by the way, no wires to passenger pump, just the vacuum tube pushes on

4. steve wub New Member

hi, sorry forgot to say that when the alarm was fitted the instaler would have had to put a 5 wire motor in your drivers door to get the centrel loking to work, from the alarm will come 2 wires to the motor, these both s*** a 12v feed on them and when you operate the alarm 1 wire is pulsed 12v to power the motor in one direction ie lock, the earth will then s*** around ready for the unlock signal from the alarm, the third wire is straight to 12 v, now the other two wires control the loking pump in the boot with a 12v signal, so if you put an 12v feed on 1 wire it will lock the rest of the car, put a 12v feed on the other wire and it will unlock the car, so the switch that is built into the 5 wire motor over time gets worn down and can send some strange signals to the pump down these 2 wires, one time i was drivin down the road with my locking going up and down up and down up and down well you get the idea[:s] anyway the pump itself looks like a little gun! with a soft rubber hood over the end

5. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

your a good man, thanks for help mate.
    so im basically looking at the motor with 5 wires to it and is in drivers door?
    i fisrt thought it was passenger pump knkrd but cant be if it works on anti hijack can it!

6. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

got it working but when i try to put the door card back on, it knocks the door pin while putting it through the hole in door card and it starts going stupid again! have to take it off and adjust the rods again til i get it right!
    sometimes when its working and lock the doors its fine, then i try the drivers door to make sure its locked but it opens the door onto 1st catch undoing the f*****g passenger side lock!
    is the problem with the door lock/ catch or the central locking pump/ motor!???

7. steve wub New Member

Hello,:) normaly with the motors in the drivers door it's a case of finding a sweet spot with the internal switch that locks the car, unfortunatly its a case of trial and error, bit of a pain [:x]

8. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

tell me about it! i slapped a load of no more nails round the part i was adjusting last night once i found that "sweet spot" so hope this has worked! i also hope i dont have to take it all apart any time soon now ive stuck it altogether! [8(] :lol:

9. David Number 2 Forum Member

whats anti-hijack? locks your doors automatically?

im trying to switch this off to be honest.

Its annoying when im unloading stuff out the car leaving the boot open or whatever, bringing stuff inside the house. the car automatically locks itself and the alarm keeps going off. I also managed to lock my keys inside the car [:x]

can you turn it off?

10. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

yeah the doors lock themselves few secs after ignition on aswel, then unlock when switched off

11. David Number 2 Forum Member

somtimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt though, how am i sometimes switiching it off>?

12. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

same here mate![:s] i dont care as long as it locks now![:x] [:x]

13. Steve B Forum Junkie

remeber the drivers door wont lock if the door is open it must be closed, and if the drivers door wont lock the passanger may lock then unlock itself.

you can have the antihijack feature turned off its an alarm feature that personally i dont like

14. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

just fitted new door catch, all working fine...... till i put the door panel back on! all went tits up yet again! seems like its only working on and off, never stays spot on!
    narrowed it down to the central locking motor in drivers door is sticking and seems faulty so going to replace it and go from there i think [:^(]
    really p*ssed off