Removing 3 pin Imobiliser wiring diagram needed

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by welshwizzard88, Oct 27, 2010.

1. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

Hi Guys,

After a recent spate of flat battries and now a broken pin on my old style aftermarket imoboliser it is high time for it to fin a new home in a skip!!

Even though i have worked in the security industry i have never fitted or removed alarm imobolisser from a car.

My last experience was trying to fit a aftermarket remote central looking kit to a mk3 Astra some 10 years ago which ended in disaster!!.

I have pulled lower dash out and fuse box My car is 90 spec ce2 wirring.

All the imoboliser cables are black apart from what goes to the LED and the Get Brown Red to 3 pin chip.

The red with black strip cable has been cut appears to be ignition live and a black cable going to the stering wheel.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the mk2 they can send me so i can chase the wires back to see what is disconected.

The imoboliser seemed to cut all the electrics of to car but i always thought they should cut fuel pump etc.

ANy advice from anyone removing these 90`s imobolisers would be appreciated.

The alarm is dead but also links into imoboliser.

Also any recomedations on a good replacment system that does not have one of those stupid fobs.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

check the fusebox faq!
    in general find the control box, strip out everything that it is connected to, and rejoin any cut factory wires matching up the colours as you go. job done!

3. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

Followed that advice car started fine after i rembered to reconnect battery!!

Unfortunatly got nasty hole in dash were cowboy who fitted drilled a 10mm hole.

Any one got advice for new alarm and imoboliser that doesnt have a stuppid fobs to start car?