removing spare wheel well.

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Dub20vt, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Dub20vt Forum Member

Cheers B, think a sheet of carbon that size would probably weigh about 500grams :lol:

2. Dub20vt Forum Member

mike, my old 20v did 180miles to 20 of standard unleaded! :lol:

had to drive it off boost to do that though! joys of turbo power.

3. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

putting the tank behind the axle line is not a good idea IMO - better having it infront in std position but a smaller tank if you dont need the milage

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

Info on fuel cell in my Mk1

I`ve an AH Fabrications `D` shaped cell (6.2 gall) in the spare wheel well; a Facet Red Top pump then feeds a 1ltr swirl pot which feeds the standard inj. pump / accumulator. All this fits inside the `well` and is covered by an ally lid. The tank vent line runs up into the top of the offside rear wheelarch and includes a non return `roll over` valve.

All the lines now run inside and originals are removed.

Tank price per DT is now 290; swirl pot 100; pump 80.

AH do sell direct and can be cheaper than DT, I did not pay the DT prices as items were sourced by `another`.

AH - 01432 354704 / email ahfabrications@mac.com

My reason for doing this was to carry a smaller fuel load. I was having to carry a 50% load to prevent the `sloshing` from starving the pump on right handers - a pain on the tight corners of the hills / sprint tracks. Fitted a Lifeline extinguisher system at the same time.

..................................................................................................................................

5. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007