Retro - Wheels WARNING!

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by dentman, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Nick,

But you have just asked for the address again for the tyres? [:s] And told me they will be here on friday...so thats 2 or 3 times that they have been sent?

And that makes it 3 weeks for the tyres to turn up.

If it was a genuine favour giving me the wheels you already had, then i should really be refunded for the value of the second set of wheels,but i have not pushed you down this route Nick...How much did my original set sell for after refurb?

Anyway...Its the time period of the refurb,time period of refund/items being sent back that is the problem Nick...Please at least admit that it was/is an unacceptable time period.

The actual refurb went on for several months according to pm's.
    The tyres will have taken 3 weeks if they arrive on friday.
    The refund is 3/4 days overdue as of tommorow as it has not turned up today.You said it would be here on saturday or monday.

Thats all ive got to say on this now,as ive got far more important things going on.
    Ill be a little more happy once the refund (for the wheels you refurbed/sold for how much?) turn up along with the tyres,and other bits.

Neil.

2. N1CK Forum Junkie

I give up, ive pm'd you regarding the tyres. Please by all means go to town on this thread, some people know the facts some people dont, the truth is i dont need to sit here trying to get my point across.

Obviously i do care, otherwise when Antony had his problems i would have just ignored him or told him where to go, instead i did everything i could to rectify the prob.

Neil, i tried doing you a favour, i was charging bugger all to do that work for you, as a mate. you try and get someone else to do what you wanted for 280quid. No money changed hands.

Yes ive had difficulties in the past with the powdercoaters and personal difficulties, but this is behind us now, I accept there has been one or two problems that where my fault.

We currently have an issue with our suppliers and because of this we have stopped taking orders for parts temporarily untill we can find another supplier

There are plenty of happy customers out there, im not going to draw them into this debate as i dont think there is any point to it, its also unfair.

The points have been made, im still unable to do anything untill Antony gets back to me and Neil tells me that the stuff i have sent has arrived!

3. VDubChick Forum Member

Ok this has gone far enough! I’m Elly, Nick’s wife and business partner, It’s my job to sort the books, finances, packaging and posting.

It’s my fault things didn’t get sorted with Anthony, but you have to understand that this is an isolated incident. At the time in question, I was rushed into hospital and had to undergo an emergency operation for internal bleeding which almost took my life. Nick was left to run the business and family home (3 kids) all on his own with only his brother to help, with the stress and anxiety of wondering if I would live.

Once I was well enough to come home, we had so much back logged work to get through we couldn’t really keep on top of things. This is where it all went wrong. Anthony didn’t get his stuff because I basically forgot that I had parts to send out to him.

As for Neil, I am totally shocked and discussed to say the least that you have commented on this thread because at the end of the day you weren’t even paying customer prices, you were a “mate” and Nick was doing you a favor. He bent over backwards trying to accommodate you. Our priority was with our full paying customers, they had parted with money and they were the ones that got served 1st.

As for how you soldier on running your business regardless of wanting to end your life, Nick had no say over whether I would live or die, all he could think is how he would cope if I did. So make no mistake in thinking that the 2 issues are anything alike.

Bula, you were never promised anything, he tried his best to sort you out with some wheels but with the amount of back logged work it was almost impossible to sort them out in time for the show, but he tried never the less. You never paid for anything so just get off the bandwagon!

This is the full story so we will not be commenting further on this thread.

Thank you

4. mk1steve Forum Member

i have read all this and to be honest i think it was just all very bad timing that EVERTHING went tits up.

three things i have to say

i would hope that Elly and Nick could sort this out to help show they aint taking the mickey with their customers and to show they are serious about the company.

And the customers should accept that things go wrong and their wheels aint the most pressing matter when someones loved one is possibly going to die!!!

how would you feel if you where trying as hard as you could in nicks case then this all happen through only a few faults of his own. he tried his best ffs. in the circumstances i think he did better than me as i would have said f*ck the wheels tbh

5. Admin Guest

and that was the end of that in my eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.