Ring trip fundraiser - Calvin's car diary

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GVK, Oct 30, 2022.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CALVIN-FEHR

All for a cause close to my heart - cancer!!

"So I got an invite to the Nurburgring which is a massive opportunity for any petrol head but I decided that I'm only willing to do the trip if it had some kind of a meaning so I've decided to do a fund raiser for the late Sabine Schmitz.

Known as 'the queen of the ring' Sabine Schmitz was a legend in the car community, she was a bright happy face on the British TV show Top Gear who seemed to have an upbeat and competitive spirit. Sadly Sabine lost her battle to cancer in May 2021. I've never met Sabine personally but when I considered this trip she was the first person that sprung to mind, I want this trip to be a productive, impactful and worthwhile so a fundraiser for Macmillan seemed like the obvious thing to do.
    You're probably here because you've seen the launch video on my YouTube channel. If not, here's a quick summary of my plan of action:
    I've bought an old SWB silver MK6 Transit van, identical to the one that Sabine done the Nurburgring lap in on Top Gear. She done the lap in 10:08 seconds which is an incredible time and I'm going to try my hardest to get around that track in a time a close to hers as possible, for every second I fall behind her there will be a forfeit for me. I've never been to the track before so I plan to spend the whole weekend practicing and then finishing with a full-on flat out lap to see what time I can achieve. All of this is of course depending on if the van even makes it there! It's a bit of a rotten old shed but we've just gotta hope the good old trusted Transit name serves us proud.

When people get together it's a beautiful/powerful thing, I hope that one day we beat cancer completely but for the meantime one thing we're fully in control of is fighting back in any way we can to help save those that need us most. I want to encourage people to support where they can and follow the trip on my YouTube, instagram and TikTok @CalvinsCarDiary.

An automated side note inputted by Macmillan: Macmillan gives people with cancer everything they’ve got. If you’re diagnosed, your worries are Macmillan’s worries. Macmillan’s doing whatever it takes. But without your help, Macmillan can’t support everyone who needs them.Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and secure. Your details are safe, JustGiving - they'll never sell them or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs."

Tristan likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Fair play