Road Angel ll

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by G60 VV, Oct 19, 2005.

1. G60 VV Forum Member

The Cradle!!! [:x]

Got myself a Road Angel at the weekend and so far am quite happy with it, apart from the cradle! [:x]

With the suspension not being the same as in my grans car, there is a wee bit of bounce and knocks which I don't mind, but the Road Angel seem's to!

It seems to work it way out of the cradle a bit to easy! I think it's quite a bad design tbh, as there is nothing for the unit to actually 'click' into position, just a weak magnet and a rubber strip (which is too think imo!) Have thought of cutting the rubber strip in half thickness to see if it will slide into the cradle better and hold, but don't want to do this and then ruin it, if there are other options

do any of you guys have the same problem???

If so, how have you got round it???

2. jimmy8v Forum Member

Yeah i've glued mine down in the right position now, the magnet thing is terrible. Mine used to slide straight off the cradle and across the car in hard cornering, i thought i'd just smashed up 400 quid thefirst time it happened, but they are surprisingly robust(perhaps they are expected to be able to fly out of the cradle and take it:lol:).

I was even thinking of going astep further and mounting it in the dash, but then i thought that updating it would be a pita. So ive just put a small dab of superglue on the pad so it can be removed if needs be but will withstand cornering forces.

Seems a bit rubbish that i need to at all considering what they cost!

3. gti8v Forum Member

sticky velcro pads ?
    i haven't got one but if i did i would use them,

4. G60 VV Forum Member

yeah think I might remove the rubber strip, and stick on some strips of velcro ;)

Was thinking it was more dangerous to have the thing at first! trying to adjust it while driving [:s] Not easy! :lol:

It's a really bad design though, you'd think it would fix into it securely? [:x]

5. Phil. Forum Junkie

I was over in Brum a few weeks ago and every taxi I was in had Road Angel's fitted. Was quite impressed with them.
    Q. Does anyone know if they work in NI?

Ill be changing job soon, getting a company car and driving all round the provence soon and was considering investing in one or something similar.

I saw an ad for an offer Halfords are doing, 349 for Satnav with a free 129 radar detector thingy, looked decent but im sure someone is gonna tell me that one is pants.

6. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

ive used mine in NI but it was when u had no cameras...

best ring up road angel and ask!