Rochdale taxi drivers in the news...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 1990, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

The taxi drivers are on the cover of the local rag complaining about a ban on england flags on their cars.

The council have banned it but the thing i cant understand is the fact that Iraqi flags were never banned when they had them on the cars, whats all that about? [:s]

Time for PC to die a death.

I'll be voting UKIP to try and stop all this bullsh1t censorship. Whats the governments next move? Whites, black and browns have to cover all their skin incase they incite racial hatered? It wouldn't f**kin suprise me [:x]

2. Guests Banned

nah i know what u mean. i would have one anyway. then tell them to urine off. [:x]

3. hayesey Forum Junkie

didn't they lift the ban once they realised that most of the taxi drivers who had the England flags were in fact of Asian origin?

4. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I dont think so, i only read it yeasterday in the Observer.

5. superden Forum Addict

In Fareham, up the road from here, the cabbies have been told that they risk losing their taxi driving badge if they display the England flags.

[:x]
    Edited by: superden

6. Dietrich Forum Member

Seriously, what's the reason they give?

Tom

7. superden Forum Addict

The last time (World Cup 2002) the reason was given that it might offend a minority [:x]

This time there is an element of that but they seem more interested in the `danger to pedestrians and other drivers` aspect this time [xx(]

Danger ? From a flag. In your window.

[:s] [:x]

8. hayesey Forum Junkie

hmm, I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere.

9. Steve B Forum Junkie

what a load of bull parp

i was just thinking its about time this country got a little patriotic and tried to stop it going down the pan hole

can you imagine what would happen in the states if they told them they couldnt show the flag theyed have a fit!

urinees me right off, if your living here then you have to put up with our flag its our nation so live with it when im in your country id put up with your flag so the same here

jeese its annoying

(wouldnt have a flag on my car, but dont see a problem with them myself)

infact i was pleasantly suprised to see just how many flags there were round here in bradford on taxis and the like made me think there was maybe a light at the end of the tunnel

10. Rippsy Forum Member

No light at the end of the tunnel steve, it was a police search light ensuring that you stopped doing anything thoughtful.

11. b'locks Forum Addict

the people in charge of this country just need to lighten up tbh. chill the f*ck out dudes, have a spliff, whatever it takes [:^(]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.