Roll cage tube specification thread - MSA & FIA info

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by A.N. Other, Oct 31, 2009.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

So are you saying that if this wasn't connected to the front strut in this case it may have been more beneficial?

2. Admin Guest

Hi it's this one here. What do you think of it as far as cages go? Would you go for it or stay well clear? It seems for a bolt in to have plenty of tubes and I like the seat harness bars.

Cheers Tom.

3. Bruce T Forum Member

Tom,

I have a Tornado Motorsport cage and it's very good. Very snug fit which is what we're after, bars locate behind the dash and the front feet of the cage sit on the sill which i like, compared to other off the shelf cages which locate infront of the dash and on the floor pan.
    Mine is the the more basic MSA spec that they list for the mk2.

I believe there are a few people on the forum using these cages.

4. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Tom,

These are fine, a lot of people are using them in the Mk2 championship and IIRC they are the approved supplier for the MK4 challange. I have seen a few of these cages up close, fitted and in kit form and they are nicely made. I think M7R has one fitted in his Mk2 as well.

Id buy one :thumbup: and be happy to roll over a few times in one:lol:

Edit, they have gone up a lot in price over the last year or by 100 probably due to being used more by the VAG guys.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2