Rough idle and lack of acceleration?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by trmorgan95, Oct 16, 2015.

1. trmorgan95 New Member

Evening all,

went for a drive in the car (GTI with 2E engine swap) on wednesday morning and noticed it engine braking sharply whilst driving, parked up and noticed the revs were bouncing around like crazy. took a look under the bonnet and noticed oil all over the rocker cover, anyone know if the two are related and what needs to be done to fix this?

give me a shout if you need anymore info.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/WzBYR

2. trmorgan95 New Member

So with my limited knowledge and a haynes manual i have figured out the leak is coming from the Crankcase ventilation pressure regulator valve, does anyone know how this is connected to the engine and what the part number is to replace?

3. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

check your oil level :thumbup:
    Also check for breather/vacuum leaks around breather/inlet

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

are you running the original digifant rocker and breather valve or have you swapped the 2e ones over?

pull the PCV valve out then remove the seal to check it over, it may have split aroudn the lip that seals it to the cover a common problem and a cheap part to replace GSF have them as do VW