Running a 1.8 20vt?

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by VWSaxon, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I recently bought a 2002 MK4 1.8T 20v...

Its such a great car, as ive only owned 5 MK2s previous to it. Smooth drive, comfortable, and the power is there when you need it... A nice all round car...

I just recently changed the original panel filter to a Jetex one i bought from inters, and it feels a little better than before.

I do want to get it chipped,ect... but its a great car as standard.

Would recommend it highly :thumbup:

2. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

Cheers guys, gotta sell the clio now, and get one! Whoop whoop...The wifes actually talking about getting one...so theres a good sign ;) but she does want a mk5 gti in white, i said i cant stretch that far :lol: cant wait :thumbup:

3. Willber Forum Member

I have an Audi A3 1.8t Sport which has the same engine and underpinnings as a Mk4 GTi. The engine has done 140k now and runs sweet as a nut, i cant fault it they are bulletproof!

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Well I went out and bought one the very next day.

Picked up a 1997 Passat 20V Turbo Sport

for 500 [:D]

Not as fast as my Volvo T4 I was driving and not as fun as my mk1 or mk2 I had, but is a hell of a lot of car for the money.

Just need to sort out some new tyres and there's something knocking on front end.

Running costs seem pretty good, MFA for combined gives 32mpg. I'm happy with that for the moment.

For a remap, how much of an increase will fuel costs be? Anything that needs to be upgraded prior?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  5. Ramblin Forum Member

hi matt ye know where my car is if interested lol