'*******s' is the key word phrase here.

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by David Number 2, Oct 23, 2006.

1. MK2_GUY Forum Member

already got my grubby hands waiting for that Darryn! :lol: [:$]

what a waste of a car dave... i still never got a go in it!!! [:^(] i guess i wont be having it anytime soon either :lol:

Dave

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Dont just send it on its merry way to the scrapyard. That will be total waste of money. You could clear 1000+ right there by breaking it.

Has the repair of the bollard gone through your insurance?

3. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

You took the words out of my mouth!:lol: Real shame though. David me and Nealey will take good care of it for you!

4. flutterby Forum Member

I cant see the pics but it sounds like it wasn't a pretty sight. I saw many accidents Sunday night and all of them were on my way to tamworth from Burton, i to nearly ditched mine in the lanes because of flooding and the bus comming the other way forcing me to drive throughthte big puddle. At least your ok mate.

5. GTILass Forum Member

shame it happened

but it was bound to at some point

maybe you'll respect your next car and other people on the road abit more next time

6. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Shame about the car, it looked mint [:^(]

I hate to say this but having read most of your posts bragging about racing on the roads/generally being an ar$e behind the wheel, it was bound to happen sooner or later

7. madmonkey Forum Addict

I always say, don't spend a load on your first car, coz you'll always end up stuffing it.:thumbd:

8. Xiotis Forum Member

Sorry to see, but you are well and no one was injured. So no worries - could have been a lot worse.

Easy to get another Dub.

Thanks for sharing pics, warning to us all.

9. G-Man Forum Junkie

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be, but isn't your Helios Blue which isn't to be honest I haven't seen many examples around that aren't rusty.

As the police were involved, do the insurance company not have to know about it as damage was sustained to the bollard?

Only other thing, could the insurance company not write it off, then you buy it back from them to break?

10. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

It is (was) Royal Blue I think

11. G-Man Forum Junkie

I stand corrected [:$]

12. Mark16v Forum Member

Unlucky mate, shame another mk2 has died but it was bound to happen sooner or later going by your other posts. You live and learn tho eh :)

13. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Glad nobody was hurt and hope you can make some money selling bits from the car or maybe buy another cheap Mk2 and swap the good bits over to that? :)

14. AndrewF Forum Addict

break it, make a grand or so....then buy a new one

think rubjonny was after panels

15. hey guys.

Thankyou all for your support and comments, much appreciated.

Ok, the cars future.

The cost of repair for me was soon looking to mount up, mainly with the problems surrounding the driveshaft. Plus the need of jigging etc...I was going to start breaking it after a longish chat with some forum members, but I realized it was possible but not very practical for me :( So, ive found the next best solution I could hope for....

A guy who I know has offered to buy it off me, minus the rainbow speakers and jetex (there going in my next one!) However, the real nutcracker is that there going to get it back on the road!!!!

GWM SHALL LIVE ON!!

I know I could of made more breaking it, but I dont have the time or space, plus its being saved from the scappies, which is really what i wanted above all. So im 'relativley' happy!

thanks again for all your comments. You live and you learn...and in this case a mk2 hasnt been scapped!

and cheers to you both aswell, you'd of definatly been a good help! Oh and dont need the windscreen anymore I dont think :p

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  16. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

No probs mate, if you want another mk2 we're collecting them in nealeys back garden! Up to 4 now! Glad someones fixing it although we fancyed adding it to the collection!

17. nealey Forum Junkie

GWM could of been the 5th in our collection of mk2s at my house but at least its not being broken!!

18. The db

The db Forum Junkie

[:s] Nothing is ever bound to happen. Nobody on here can claim to drive within the speed limit 100% of the time. 35 is hardly wreckless either, especially when you consider that the cars speedo over-reads by a good 3-4mph meaning it was more like 32mph.

Hope budget tyres were not to blame though!! Tyres are everything when it comes to the wet.

Buy another gti in the same colour. it doesnt need to be a minter as you can swap all the undamaged bits over from your car, and then sell off what you dont need/store as spares. Thats what I did.:)

Made myself 650 from breaking my old one after it got smashed into, got 2 whole boxes full of useful spares such as mirrors, dash parts, lights, relays, hoses etc.

Oh and your old man sounds just like mine. Never room for anything of mine in the garage or on our street. I want another car to go to work in and stuff, but I fear for my life if I turn up with one. hahahaha.

And having written all that ive just realised its not being scrapped. bad ass!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  19. Mark16v Forum Member

Speeding wasn't the cause of the accident tho was it, not driving to suit the conditions was. I think what GTILass was getting at is that he's posted before how he's driven 'dangerously' so that he is highly likely to do it again. Its that sort of driving that causes accidents. Now he'll hopefully have learnt when is and when isn't a good time to drive fast. Yes everyone speeds. Not everyone takes out a bollard in the process.

Crashing my first car taught me to pay attention when driving in start stop traffic, one written off Fiesta later and lesson learned.

Fingers crossed you get it all sorted tho without costing you too much. I know how much an accident in the first year of driving can cost and its a complete c*nt tbh. Hope it doesn't put you off tho :)

20. Bundles Forum Junkie

If there is one thing that can be said about Mr Numer Two, it's that he loved his golf, more so than most other golf owners do tbh, so i can't see this keeping him down for long.

:clap: