Sat Nav - Tom Tom etc

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by mark, Nov 22, 2005.

1. mark Forum Member

My old man wants a portable sat nav for his car and work truck, so obviously needs to be able to sw*p and change.
    I want to get him one for xmas and have been looking at these Tom Toms, i dont really want to be spending more then 200 - 300 so it looks like the Tom Tom 300 is in my price range.
    There are some on eBay like here, here, and here which are very cheap but from Asia.
    Any one know the best place to buy them from?

Thankyouplease

Mark.

2. JamesB Forum Member

Try the new TomTom 1. I have just had one posted through the door for my old man.

I'll let you know what I think.

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I use a TomTom 300 at work, it's ace, and really easy to use, if a little bulky.

In fact, I like the tomtom setup so much I'm going to sell my vw MFD sat nav and get a pda so I can run tomtom navigator on it.

4. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

See this thread .I have TomTom 5 on an old PDA and have to rate it for ease of use,speed camera locations etc.
    Oh and free issue ;)

5. JamesB Forum Member

I'v had a look over the TomTom One I got today. Very nice. Its basicially a TomTom 300 with 7digit postcode and much thinner.

Oh and only 270!