sat nav

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by Matt G, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Matt G Forum Member

anyone recommend a decent one? just want uk maps with europe on (want to have the option of a trip to the 'ring, but dont fancy getting lost in germany)

2. altern8 Forum Junkie

my garmin aint that good go for a timtom

3. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Well pleased with my Garmin but it was a bit pricey. Its a Nuvi 350D BTW comes with UK maps and Europe on DVD and does traffic avoidance and speed cameras

4. Matt G Forum Member

i dont mind if it aint got europe on now, as long as i can update it later on. Is it possible to do that on tom tom or garmin ones?

Was in halfrauds yesterday, they have cheap sony ones too - anyone tried them?

5. PeteS Paid Member Paid Member

I have an old Tomtom which is very good. If you are looking for a new unit think about getting TMC which will warn you of traffic problems. You can download speed camera warnings from Tomtom or pocketgps. I have used both and I prefer the pocketgps version of the speed camera warnings. Hope this helps.

6. Peter18T New Member

Hello! I've just brought a RAC one because it was cheap 100 it only has GB in it at the moment but i can download europe if i was going there and im not.
    Its got all the funny noices and stuff to tell where the static camaras are but not the hand held ones.This will do me as i don't want a scroat to break into my golf and nick it.
    still you pay for what you get and the more money the more sat nav!

Peter18T