Scirocco - anyone an expert???

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Rob.gti, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Rob.gti Forum Member

Right there must be someone out there that can offer some advice about the following:

1989 Scirocco 1.8 GT
    Black
    V.Good Condition
    200,000 miles

Does anyone have any idea what that would be worth?

Basically, my name was given to a guy as the regional host for Club GTI. So this guy rings me asking advice about the above car.

Its his wifes car and they want to sell it, but as it is in such good condition, and still runs sweet as, they wanted it to go to an enthusiast and so they rang me to see if I knew anyone that would be interested. They also wondered what value it was. Unfortunately I dont know a lot about Sciroccos and hoped someone on here might be able to shed some light.

Can anyone please help with this. I said I would ring him back after chatting to you guys ;)

2. Claypole Forum Junkie

With that milage you'd frighten 99% of people off straight away unfortunately. [:s]

Ask over at:

Scirocco Register

3. mk1vdub Forum Member

yep or theres scirocco world

unfortunaly scirocco are totaly underrated and seem to go fairly cheap and as its not really anything special -like a storm its not really worth much :(
    though if its in that good condition an enthusiast may pay decent money for it :)

4. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

I've seen similar ones that weren't taken when they were being offered for free!

5. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

exactly at the end of the day it's a 15 year old car with 200000 miles!

It's not like it's a 16V or anything special. I'd say 500 tops TBH

6. stew72 Forum Member

tbh, you'll be lucky if it would make over 150. It's possible to get an injected car which has a better spec with around 100k for under 500.
    If you don't need the space in the back these cars are an absoloute bargain.