Scirocco driving

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by 3hirty8ight, Oct 12, 2011.

1. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Hadn't driven my Rocco for a week or so, due to getting the train to work etc. Hopped in the morning and as soon as I got on a decent A road with no traffic I forgot all the small teething problems (like rattly dash/clocks) steering wheel leather just starting to come loose, exhaust blowing slightly, etc etc..) and just appreciate how well the old girl still drives...

I really love driving my Scirocco. Not its not quiet, and the steering is a little heavy at slow speeds, and the clutch feel like your trying to push a square peg through a round hole.. But really enjoyed it this morning! - Inspires me to actually fit all the parts ive collected over the last year for the restoration! Instead of letting them collect dust in spare room any longer.. Then it will drive and perform faultlessly.. Cannot wait!

Even more to the point I cant wait to get that ABF and rebuilt gearbox in place. :lol:

Everyone enjoying their Roccos at the moment?

2. Lamamk1 New Member

shure thing... but mine isnt finished yet :)

3. GTXTRA Paid Member Paid Member

always Henry, always.

4. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

:) sounds about right Sean!

5. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

missing mine.. lots [:^(]

6. MK21800 Forum Member

About to get mine on the road after a short SORN period :thumbup: although i think the back wheel bearings are worn and need doing, so I feel a bit dodgy thrashing it. Anyway, the Scirocco driving experience isn't really about thrashing them IMHO.

I like the way the doors still go *thunk* when you close them, even after 20 years.

7. aid

aid Forum Member

I love driving mine, cant wait to get my finances in check so I can fix all the problems and get it running sweet, without leaks or wet carpets. And a 16v, gonna be great once thats in!

8. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

I haven't seen either of my cars in over 5 years and they are 3000 miles away [8(]

Roll on the summer :)

9. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

I'm always tempted to get another one.....the other half would have my balls off though if I were to get another car.....suppose I could get rid of one of my Mk1 Golf's hmmmmmm ;)

10. allsorts New Member

Miss mine too. Probably the biggest regret ever letting mine go. The blood, sweat and tears that went into sourcing all the bits to make my as close as poss replica of the legendary GTX 16V [:^(]

11. wassell Forum Member

cannot get enough of mine, she was off the road for nearly a year after just a few months of owning her. everytime i jump in it ona good road i just grin from ear to ear. sure the mk2 golf feels tighter and is faster (both valvers but golf has had the money chucked at it), but the rocco just feels nicer to drive.