Scirocco GTX 1988 (Mechanic Recommendations - Manchester area)

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by SciroccoSteve, Nov 3, 2014.

1. SciroccoSteve New Member

Afternoon all,

I've got a 1988 VW Scirocco GTX which has unfortunately been sat on my path for the last 9 months as a non-runner. The issue is that fuel is not getting from the in-tank pump to the fuel filter (seems to pump fine but return to the tank rather than to the fuel filter). I replaced the fuel pump to no avail and unfortunately due to money issues it's sat there ever since. I'm hoping that some members can recommend a reliable, trustworthy mechanic who would be familiar with this type of car. It needs plenty of work doing and i'm finally in a position where I can afford to get some work done. Here's a picture of the beauty pre-breakdown http://imgur.com/iL8x9rb

2. Marty's Dub Forum Member

Engine code would be handy. Would it be a k-jet system? Lift pump from fuel tank would only send fuel to the reservoir where the main fuel pump is housed. (Under the car) Fuel returning to the tank is a sign that your lift pump is working as it should. The main pump then sends fuel to the metering head via the fuel filter and accumulator which is plumbed into k-jet systems. Could be that your main pump or the wiring to it is broken. Can't help with mechanics in Manchester however someone on this forum would be able to point you in the right direction.

3. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

I know a vw mechanic in Atherton or little lever as I'm from Bolton :thumbup:

4. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome to Club GTI :thumbup:

Good luck getting it sorted :)