Scirocco Scala?

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by daviddd, Oct 29, 2004.

1. daviddd Forum Member

...GT2 ...ad seen ...what is this - what engine? J reg...

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

well its complicated, the scala came in both carb (pierburg 2e2) and injection (bosch k-jet) the gt2 was a carb, but I would check both before buying. Carb ones are prone to the usual 2e2 problems, k-jet ones are easier as far as I;m concerned. Both are good cars to drive though! should be worth more for the fun you can have. [:D] [:D]

3. daviddd Forum Member

I think it's about 1K . [:D]

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

have a check around before going for that one, they come up depressingly cheap, if your seeling them that is...;)

far and away the best value VW you can get I reckon [:D]

5. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

J plate GTII will be the 1.8 carb, 90 bhp. To be honest, 1k is a urine-take unless it's 1 owner low miles. Even then what's the point when you get a really good Scala (which is 1.8 injection from G reg onwards) for less.

My 91 Scala had 1 owner, 108k and FSH and cost me 570 (and that was with the owner having spent 450 on service and MOT two weeks before!!).
    Edited by: mr.brown

6. daviddd Forum Member

yup you're prob right Mr B, unless it#s in exceptional condition prob not worthwhile. I'm looking for something new after selling the valver, trying to make up my mind :)

7. Claypole Forum Junkie

The insurance group doesn't help either - too high for your normal young driver to be able to insure. ;)