Scorpion exhaust or not?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Joey gti, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Joey gti New Member

Hi, I've just brought a 91 gti 16v with lots of miles but it's my second car and it was cheap. When I purchased the car the previous owner gave me a scorpion exhaust system. I'm new to gti ownership so was wondering do you think it's worth putting it on? Or will it be a silly waste of time that I will regret? It's completely standard so are there any other mods that are definatley worth doing? Absolutely loving it by the way :)

2. bren16v New Member

i fitted the 3 box system to my valver in a bid to get a quick MOT 2 years ago (centre box rotted and i couldnt get one soon enough) and while its considerably louder than a stock system it actually has quite a nice note to it. It's only on long motorway journeys you wish it was just a few Db's quieter.
    I ended up leaving it on there and gave up searching for a decent stock centre box. I felt it gave the KR motor a slightly more crisp throttle response, though i doubt it did much for overall power. I've since fitted an ABF motor and its really come into its own!
    #GROWWWL! ;)