Scrap yards in Essex

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Brownie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Brownie Forum Member

Hi all,

Know any decent scrap yards in Essex? Need a decent black front big bumper for a mk 2...

Cheers :thumbup:

Paul

2. Brownpants Forum Member

where abouts in essex are you?

3. Brownie Forum Member

Inbetween Chelmsford and Colchester in a little place called Witham

4. Brownpants Forum Member

Well luckily for you this place is right on your doorstep, almost. I don't really know of anymore but i'm sure theres a couple of others that will know. The good one used to be over in upminster but he sadly went a couple of years back. This guy can be a bit on the pricey side but his bits are usually good. Have you been to the meet we have on the a127 yet?

http://www.vws.me.uk/

5. Brownie Forum Member

Cheers - I know of this one but they don't have any big bumpers at the mo. Might just have to get the spray can out this weekend [:s]

Not been to a meet, even after 4 years of Veedub ownership though sadly I am now about to sell my pride and joy as I need something bigger - take a look in the classified section if you're after another toy!

6. Supercharged Forum Member

I doubt you're ever likely to find a big bumper in a scrappy that's not broken!

7. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

Stevens will only sell you a set(ie back and front), i have one in my shed that i can sell, its got a slight graze on the top textured part(looks like someones hit it with a chisel) but is very repairable, i want 35 for it and will definately be at the meet tommorow, if you want it let me know and i can bring it to the meet, or i live in Bulphan if you wanna pop round for a gander.