Seam welding, chassis lightening

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by ex_ford_lover, Sep 3, 2005.

1. ex_ford_lover New Member

Can any of the track boys point me in the direction of a decent rally prep company who can lighten and seam weld a car? also any ideas on prices and wether it need complete interior and engine out when it goes in for it.

Just brought my old fiesta back to use on trackdays / poss try out the local night rallys. But i want to get the chassis sorted before i touch the engine.

cheers

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Hmmm, it's not the sort of thing people generally give to others to do - it's highly labour intensive, trimming off any unused brackets, heating off underseal etc. Ditto seam welding.

It comes down to budget really.

Only recommendations I suggest are Custom Cages / Roll Centre / other cage installers you know of - see what they say and they might give you some pointers if they're unable to help.

3. yeha Forum Member

Join the forums at www.britishrally.com, there's loads of people there who will do it. Won't be cheap though, very labour intensive, unless you're prepared to strip and clean the seams so it's just welding.