Searching locksmith - Problem in my Skoda while locking fuel cap

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Deltmooro, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Deltmooro New Member

I have my 2005 Skoda fabia and yesterday when i was putting the fuel in to the fuel tank and after it when it was locking the fuel cap it was very difficult to lock it, i afraid of leakage of the fuel if it doesn't locked fully. so the mainly problem is with locking fuel cap. fuel door lock is not working properly. so i need the help of locksmith if anyone knows a cheap as as well as good locksmith kindly inform me about it.

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Where abouts are you? I used a guy in Warrington to supply and code a new key for me. He was cheap enough.

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

You could try taking the cap off, if you can, spray WD40 in the lock, and on the mechanism at the back. If the cap is tight to get off, spray inside the lock first and see if you can wiggle the key around a bit. That might help to loosen it up.

Also check if the tabs on the back of the cap look OK (if it has them), or if they might have been bent, making it difficult to fit.

4. mk1. Forum Junkie

it will be cheaper to replace the cap rather than call a locksmith out.

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Butcher the old cap to get the lock out (they are REALLY hard to get out )
    Buy a new cap around 15 i think and pop the lock in after cleaning and greasing it up