Seat Ibiza Cupra R Brembo's

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by thegave, Jun 29, 2010.

1. thegave Forum Member

I hate the idea of having to modify pads every time they need changing, and the rapidly dwindling supply of Dynalite pads.

At least sourcing and fitting discs and pads will be a breeze from now on. It's nice when things fit together properly.

2. JWYATT Forum Member

Are all those part numbers for a direct bolt onto a mk2 16v hubs ?

Rough add up gets to around 2k plus , doubt trade they'd do much , think im better off watch ebay there's a few setups on there , thinking of some compomotive th1780's so i will need some nice big brakes to get with so its near a 3k upgrade with tyres and VAT haha :thumbup:

Cheers Jo

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yes that a direct fit to the 16v hubs
    it is cheaper to get the kit from bill badger5 as said above
    http://www.badger-5.com/

4. 99hjhm Forum Member

Not sure, but the std ones with the 18mm flange head fit my genuine brackets fine... they need to be shortened though.

5. gillm

gillm ***** User

wow , when i bought mine from seat it was 75 per caliper and they had pads included , but that was 2002

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah the carriers were like 15 at one point. typo i think that eventually got noticed :lol:

7. thegave Forum Member

I don't know if Bill's brackets are the same as the genuine ones.

Anyway, after a week of headache and angst the allen head bolts I ordered from boltmeup have finally arrived.

Perhaps I'll get my car back this week.

8. 99hjhm Forum Member

oh, they were very fast with me.

They do the long M12 ones too, 16 for 4, little cheaper than Porsche or Seat.

9. JWYATT Forum Member

i did read someone said something about using the cupra adaptors to fit porsche calipers and yet 280mm ?

i'm after fitting any of the porsche 4 pot brembo's and keeping them under 15's .
    Search the web loads and found someone on the mk1 owners club who makes them but he hasnt been around for a few months now with no reply ,

Anyway of using the badger 5 kit , or buying the adaptors and then using 280mm discs?

Thanks Jo

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  10. 99hjhm Forum Member

Yes, I'm having some brackets made. Will try them on car tomorrow

996 rear/BoxsterS rear calipers, 280mm G60 discs. Golf Mk2-3/Lupo/Polo/Ibiza hubs

Should fit under 15" wheels, but probably need spacers.

The ibiza/Badger5 calipers are much larger than the 996 rears, so don't think they would go under 15" wheels. The bracket would be no use on 280mm discs.

(Not advertising, just saying it's possible) [:$]

11. mec82 Forum Member

I have ibiza brembos with G60 discs under 15" pro race 1.2s, they do fit, just!

12. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

im guessing the ibiza 305s fit under 16" rims? as I am now after a set, the mk2 is a smidge too fast and heavy for the bremsports really unless im running very high temp race pads for track use.

13. mec82 Forum Member

305s go under 16"s dependent on the design of wheel but you might need spacers to clear the caliper on spokes of the wheel.

305's will fit under a few select 15"s as well depending on offset etc. but that's been covered quite a few times on here :thumbup:

14. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

cool I should be fine, I run speedlines in et30 so loads of caliper to face and caliper to basket clearnace but wanted to be 100% sure... might go down this road or not.... not sure yet

15. JWYATT Forum Member

for example lets say the g60 calipers , surly the pads have more contact area on them compared to the 4 pots pads ? or is it not down the the friction amount ?

I havnt a clue and just thought of it whilst looking at pads ,

Jo

16. chrismc Forum Junkie

305s go under 15's

Fitted under my Compo MO's with spacers & a tiny bit of caliper fettling;)

17. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

theres a numer of things to consider....

pad size - more area - bettrer to cope with heat and larger amounts of energy, but its noyt the be all and end all...

slide pin calpers tend not to be as efficent as 4 pot etc style claipers, as these give a more equal clmaping force

also caliper size and material - depening what the calipers made from and it's overall area it acts as a heat sink, keeping heat away from the pads and discs and helping keep things cooler, cast calipers tend to hold the heat more than alloy ones... and bigger claipers have more heat capacity,

then theres the size of disc, the bigger the disc the more turque it can apply, so a big pad on a small dimater disc wont have as much leaverage as a smaller pad but on a larger diamter disc.

then theres disc sizes and its effect on heat capacity, larer discs will deal with heat better than small ones, and the same for thicker vented discs, the bigger the area beteen the 2 aces the more air will circulate between the disc vains which will help cool the disc and again inprove its heat capacity.

Chris - good to know they can go under MOs, they will easily go under my 16" speedlines then.

18. 99hjhm Forum Member

[​IMG]

305mm under a 16" BBS RC, ET35.. Clears, just. Same size OZ SuperT gives the same clearence. (Ignore disc size)
    [​IMG]

15's must be tight, these are touching the wheel weights.

19. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

nice to know they will fit easily!

any one know what else the Junior GT caliper was fitted too? ie porkas on the rears etc?

20. Rigs Paid Member Paid Member

I also have the brembos + 305mm discs under 16" wheels (just!)

It's amazing how much the prices have gone up. I only paid 330 for all the kit listed ^^^ when I bought mine brand spankers from the dealer!