Seat ibizas?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by robsparky, Apr 8, 2007.

1. robsparky New Member

Hi, I'm trying to find a vehicle to be my new Track car and been taken by the ibizas.

What i wanted to ask you guys is what are the engine outs puts for the main models :-

2.0 8v Gti =
    2.0 16v Gti =
    1.8 16v Gti =

were all the cars 'cupra sports'? or what this the top of the line models? did it change the engine/suspension etc.?

Because many are high mileage, are there any things i should watch out for? (bar the usual car problems )

Any help would be great

Thanks

Rob

2. beetie

beetie Forum Member

2.0 8v Gti =112bhp?
    2.0 16v Gti = 150bhp
    1.8 16v Gti =?

don't no what torque they produce

3. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Are they not just the same as the mk3 GTI's ?

4. beetie

beetie Forum Member

thats what i'm thinking

5. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

1.8 16V was 130hp I think but torque wasn't great.

Very similar to Mk3 gti's but notably differences also - rear suspension is mk4 polo, front suspension is mk3 golf narrow track with 4 bolt hubs. 2.0 16V has 280mm brakes, others have 256's. 020 box in 1.8 16V and 8V, 02a in 2.0 16V.

6. Seraph Banned

139hp to be precise![:D]

7. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

8. Seraph Banned

you see, there you go, im the perfect example of what happens when you DONT read the whole thread, or even the GOD DAMN title!

i mean, why the hell would you have suddenly started talking about mk2 valvers(139hp)!!!

appolgies all round
    [:$]

9. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

easy to confuse - we were talking about Mk2 valvers, just that it was Mk2 ibiza not golf

10. robsparky New Member

Thanks guys, i take it not alot of ibiza owners on here! hehe

11. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Does the 020 in the 1800 16v have the 90mm output flanges?

I'm guessing Cordoba's were similar spec? (Never had an Ibiza Mk2)

12. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

I've got a seat ibiza nd they make superb track cars

13. mk2driva Forum Member

My 8v was 115bhp at the wheels on the roller last year. 16v would be good track car. Handling on my Ibiza with it being lowered is pretty damn good as well. My 8v engine is the same as mk3 golf so i would presume the 16v is the same

14. westonamission Forum Member

I own an Ibiza! Its copper too! Mainly cos i can't afford to insure a golf gti and cold i find a decent mk2 driver, hell no. i want to tune my 2e2 ibiza and i'm assuming that the newman ,or any other cam for that matter, for a golf 2e2 would fit. checked on etka and the p/no's for the heads are the same, so..! also there a place on the bay which sells v.cheap chips for these engines, not a piggy back but an actual chip. supposedly gives bit more top end by stopping it being so lean at high revs and reduces electronic lag which incidently i find my car suffers from.

Combo with the newman 272 cam and some light head work maybe 130 bhp from 8v? costing little money as well, 400 if you get someone else to do the head. plus loads of low down torque. lots of people reckon that they (2.0 8v's) have more power than stated anyway, but i think this is wishful thinking or misreading dyno results.

16v's gotta be the choice for track tho, I haven't driven one having said that. they're quite pricey for a good one tho!

BTW how come the 1.8 8v mk golf develops more power than the 2.0 8v mk3 golf/mk2 ibiza? one has thought about buying a 1.8 mk2 head cos lots of rumour and conjecture about them flowing better

15. westonamission Forum Member

oh and to answer your question, from memory cupra sports were different to gti's and seat sold both at the same time. cupra sport had tweaked, lower suspension, no more power tho as i remember and often more electrical gear, mirrors and the like. 16v cupra had half leather, 8v standard gti. also stickers on the boot and the wings for both, oooh!
    they used polo mk 4 rear suspension and mk3 golf narrow track 4stud for the front bolted to a 6k chassis on mk2's, face lifed cars after 1996 had a smooth rear bumper which hides the exhaust and slightly different doorcards. engine troubles should be same as mk3 golfs, my 2e had a rotten breather pipe from the black box on the rocker cover to the manifold and the NRV was clogged with crap. about 60 from vw. exhaust knocks randomly from time to time and can sound like a misfire but isn't, this is common according to seat forums. ****ed reverse gear is also common, auto adjusting clutch cable as mk2 golfs can be problematic, feels like a worn clutch and can cause cruntching. hope this helps, i take no responsibility for this as it all may be wrong!

16. mk2driva Forum Member

Assume you mean 130bhp at the wheels. because im 130bhp at the flywheel and 115bhp at the wheels. HEad work will do some good but ive read misxed reports about wether getting it chipped acutally makes a difference. As for the rest of your advice pretty sound, especially the minor problems you mentioned that can be had

:)