selling a mk1???

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Gareth83, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I've got a mk1 which I'm about to sell.

Couple of questions...

a) How much should I expect to pay for standard alloys? Would it be worth my while returning the alloys to standard. ie. how much more would the value of the car go up by??

Or would it be better to just whack on some mk2 16v bottle tops I have in the garge and sell my OZ 15" 5 spokes??

b) Shouldi remove the Pipercross Induction Box and Power Rohr Pipe??

c) What's a realistic prce for a rot free standard mk1 that's been resprayed?? I'm hoping for 2k-2.5.

Reasonable or not???

2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

should i also remove the 1.6 gearbox and refit the 1.8 gearbox??

3. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

4. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Surely the more standard the better?

5. inoakgreen Forum Member

reasonable price for a mk1!! is this the red one??? whats wrong with it?? you not had it that long!!

6. Admin Guest

physically i'd like it to be standard, or at least undoable easily, engine mods i wouldn't mind. bit more poke is better than nothing.

7. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

nothing wrong with it. I only bought it as I knew the owner was in need of cash. But 3 cars on the drive plus my parents 2 and 2 motorbikes is a bit excesive.

I knew I could make a bit of profit that's why I bought it. Been driving it round the last few weeks, sorting any niggles etc. Looking to sell in about 2 weeks. Then wish to sell my mk2 and go to OZ again in January.

My mk1 that's in a bit of a mess will just go in the garage as there's no money tied up in that one.

that's cool. only mods are 4 branch manifold and jetex system, pipercross induction cage (special edition), toad alarm, clifford immobiliser and uprated suspension.

It's only the wheels I need to sort.

So you don't think 2500 is a bit high? I really like this car but if I can make some profit then so be it. Car's aren't really my thing anymore.

Will let you guys know in the coming weeks