September competition

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by stella, Aug 28, 2009.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

As August has whizzed by, the next competition will be September.

The subject is Portrait (human)

Photos to me by 23 September, and judged over the following week.

Rules

1) We'll stick to human portraits (maybe pets or others? at a later date), as I feel it's easier to judge like with like.

2) Small to moderate amount of Photoshopping allowed - sensible cropping/levels/cloning, but not fullscale manipulation. Trust everyone to do this and not cheat! :lol:

3) Photos to me by 23 September, please. You may send them by email (ask) or PM or link to where you've hosted them - but I may need to resize them.

4) jpg.s only, please, preferably at screen resolution (72dpi) and not bigger than 700px either height or width

5) Photo must be taken after the start of this competition, not something you've already done

6) Any sort of portrait - doesn't have to be a formal studio shot, candid will do fine.

7) Any other rules I can think of as I go along (you can tell I used to be a teacher, can't you? :lol: )

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

now my ex is gone, it leaves my but ugly housemate?? i dont have a chance..... [:^(] [:^(] [:^(]

:lol:

3. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Stop bleating, lad! ;)

Look upon it as more of a challenge - an ugly face is more interesting than a pretty one. :lol:

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

hold the phone, she's coming round next week... there is hope...

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Only four days left for you to get your portrait photos to me for this month's competition.

Get a move one!

:)

6. stella

stella Forum Junkie

As per requests - deadline extended to 30 September.

So now you have no excuses not to enter! :)

7. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Tomorrow - the 30th - is definitely your last chance! Don't say you weren't warned! ;)

8. stella

stella Forum Junkie

It'll soon be midnight ..................

9. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Sorry, but it looks like I`ll be ducking out of this one... [:$]

Couldn`t get the GF to sit for me, so the best I`d be able to do is a self portrait, and no-one wants to see that! :lol:

10. stella

stella Forum Junkie

It's a scary thought! :lol:

But having said that, you've got one hour and nine minutes left to take a portrait - any portrait to be in with a one in three chance of winning, seeing as I have a grand total of two so far!

11. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

extension extension!!!!

12. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I have never known so many men requiring extensions as there are in this forum! :lol:

However, as I am up to my eyes in work (have brought home a spreadsheet to work on and I'm still at it now!), so I daresay I could extend it to the weekend.

Please note there will be a severe penalty for those who ask for extensions, then fail to produce the goods! It will involve something excruciating being done to your precious bits!!!!!

13. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

[:$] [:$] [:$]

14. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I might find a new entry then if the comp had been delayed.....

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

'to' the weekend, meaning in by friday, or including the weekend entries in by sunday night?

thanks stella [l]

16. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Go on, then! You know I'm just a big softie. Sunday midnight it is.

17. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Is it closed yet?

18. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Ant - I was so underwhelmed by the number of entries, I forgot!

But the poll is now posted, so you're in with a good chance! :)