Short term classic car insurance for modified cars

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by G-Man, Mar 2, 2013.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Just got a quote to put my mk2 vr6 back on the road and whilst the price is ok, I know that is a 12 months policy and cannot be cancelled (or refunded).

Does anyone know any companies that will happily provide insurance for a period of 6 months as I only want the mk2 on the road between April to September time, but I know most short term cover insurance companies only deal with non-modified cars

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

The way I do it is a classic fully comp multi car policy with footman James (with cgti discount) I have mk4 daily and 2 mk1's one fairly stock & other very modded for not much more money than I was paying for mk4 full comp on its own! Then tax them for 6 months at a time
    That's only guessing you have another car

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

FJ Multi car is good if you have 3 or more cars. They don't seem to bother too much about some modifications, although roll cages are a touchy subject.

4. thegave Forum Member

Specify super duper low annual limited mileage.

Adrian Flux has always been very good about letting me cancel mid-term and refunding the balance.