Small race battery

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by benny, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Admin Guest

Will see what we have at work tomorrow

2. NicD Forum Member

RMD25 doesn't have enough cranking power to turn my engine over, it is mounted in the boot though. Saying that, I'm not happy with the earth straps either so that's not helping, I have a VR6 battery which I attach with jump leads to get it started so earth's can't be that bad!

3. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Hey Nic, got the eBay one, will be fitting it this week ahead of Bedford, hopefully it'll work on mine.

4. NicD Forum Member

Fingers crossed mine should have a little more progress in the next week or so Bryn, I'll drop you a line once it develops a bit further.

5. mec82 Forum Member

I've got my tiny 18ah is ok cranking from the boot. I went a bit OTT on the diameter of battery cable which helps reduce the voltage drop.

As far as I can see the RMD batteries are just rebadged golf cart batteries.

worth noting that you can get the batteries with various connection types, mine has m6 terminals which I felt was better than spade terminals, not a big deal though.