so i went to view a supercharged vr6 today. need your opinions please!

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by paceo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. paceo Forum Member

so i went to view a supercharged vento vr6 yesterday. loads of engine mods like conrods, racing clutch and pistons but no history to back it up, not even rolling road printout.

its got a z-engineering charger on it, pulleys looks ok and i could dig my fingernails into the teeth so didn't feel worn in my opinion, with the boost hose off to the air filter and MAF there was a bit of oil or more like a bit of sludge in there, couldn't check the shaft for play as the belt was still on it! now it was dark so couldn't check for loads of smoke, but when he revved it hard on the drive a few times i couldn't smell anything to say the charger was buggered. car was warm upon arrival even though it hadn't been taxed since September so a possible problem being hidden there as a cold engine hides loads of problems don't we know! charger was quiet when started and quiet when left to idle for 5 minutes or so. no strange noises when driving on full boost. there was also a boost controller in the engine bay.

carpets were full of water as was in the boot moist so a big issue there, either a sunroof drain leak, windscreen leak, door membrane leak etc............... which is a bloody pain to sort as the interior needs to come out, new underlay and find these bloody leaks................. ive had this issue with my current vr6 but sorted it now! just very very time consuming and frustrating! radio was missing, no speakers etc as parcel shelf was cut. looked like around light in the boot had a repair as there was paint in there. abs and airbag light doesn't come on when ignition is turned on so a possible problem there. side skirts had new screws in them like wood screws holding them to the sills??? i didn't look at everything so may go back again when light. glass in it also from a window being smashed?

also car was not in his name although he claimed to had owned it for a while!

now guys i am more concered about the charger in my first paragraph as i plan to drive the vento for a bit then stick the charger in my golf VR6 and break possibly sell the vento. as you know z-engineering are impossible to get parts for, don't we know! it also had air con and my golf vr6 doesn't have aircon so would anyone have the measurements to what auxilery belt i would need?

thanks in advance guys, your all a great help.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. pigbladder Forum Addict

go back and view in daylight with a cold engine , no receipts would = not done imo , people dont spend 1000s of pounds and not have a reciept to prove it

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I'd take it for a long test drive from cold.