Some vids from our weekend at the 'ring and Spa

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by GVK, Jun 1, 2006.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

credit to you gary as i wouldn't have had the bottle to drive in such bad weather in an expensive car :clap: , car sounded the dogs [:D] & was quite funny towards the end of the 11min 29sec video as all the supercars are pulling over to let a looney englander come bombing past :lol: .

Aint got a clue what you where saying to claire through that video? :lol:

did claire have a drive?

edit: the rs200 video was good.......Caire "their obviouslly not quite as good around corners" Gary " they are bloody rally cars for gods sake!!! Gary "they should be bloody murdering us around here".

:lol:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Mike, I'm calling out the bend names of the 'ring as we approach them.

That was Ian's girlfriend Lou in the car on the RS200 vid.

Claire did 6 laps of the 'ring, 5 of them in the wet too.

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

I meant the strong accent half way through :lol: , i will watch the rest tomorrow as my connection went down & it took 2 hours to find a faulty blocker box [:x] .

4. GVK

Strong language? Me? Never! - Which bit, which vid???

Dry lap 9:15BTG, few lifts that are not needed, select wrong gear up Kessselchen and get held up by a bit of traffic including the M3 that we pass around the outside of Galgenkopf

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2383207459556628931

How David managed to keep the camera as still as that I'll never know, poor bugger was bolloxed by the time we finished the lap.

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

sorry gary it was "Our first session at Spa in the wet, we pass quite a few supercars..."

7min 21 secs in.....aint got a clue what your saying gary :lol: .

wicked video's mate :clap:

6. GVK

I tell Claire that playing Toca on the PS2 helped me learn the track, well the layout anyway..:lol:

7. TrackCab16v Forum Member

great driveing gary in those conditions, alex car semed to be going well to . wots the verdict then gary on the r32 , looks like you wer enjoying the 6 cylinders

8. GVK

R32 is great on track, most passengers over the weekend commented how capable it was. For constant regular track use it needs better brakes though as the standard brakes soon start grumbling - it's a heavy old beast though.

On the Sunday afternoon in the dry both Lou and Claire timed a lap in the R32 and mk1 , I'd like to think that me and Ian are of similar ability (maybe) but we did a lap within a second of each other, we did a 9:21 (Ian was a second quicker)

Amazing how two completely different cars can knock out a similar lap time.

You can't argue that it sounds fantastic tho. [:D]

9. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Just watched most of the videos - awesome stuff.
    The R32 goes and sounds fantastic as always but Ian's car makes me want another Mk1 16v, it looks really quick at Spa! Not sure I'd like driving in that much rain though, looks scary! [:D]

10. It was a lot less scary at Spa than at the ring, there was so much more grip and heaps more run off if you get it all wrong!!

11. TrackCab16v Forum Member

hi ian great bit of driving in the wet conditions ,car seems to be going well to ,great vids enjoyed watching them paul

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

top vid's there ian (i missed these [:$] )....you make it look too easy :lol:

13. Cheers guys, it only looks easy cos i'm not going very fast! I'd have loved a bit more dry time and a chance to get the slicks on at spa.