SONY THREE BEEPS?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by MUSH, Jan 18, 2004.

1. MUSH Forum Member

IVE RECENTLY FITTED A SONY FLIP DOWN CD PLAYER TO MY MK2 GOLF AND HAVE USED THE IGNITION WIRE FROM THE FAN CONTROLLER SWITCH TO TURN IT ON AND OFF BUT I THOUGHT THAT WHEN THESE UNITS TURNED THEMSELVES OFF, YOU GOT THE SONY TRADEMARK THREE BEEPS. MINE DOESNT, IT JUST GOES BLANK AND THEN CLOSES IF IT IS ALREADY OPEN. ITS ONLY A YEAR OLD AND MY MATES WORKS CHAMPION. APART FROM THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. ANY IDEAS?

2. Madbloke Forum Member

If you mean the anti thft removeable face plate beep then it could be an option to have it on or off as you can with piuoneers etc --- try checking the manual

3. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

I have the same thing with the beeps but don`t have a manual how do you disable it.It is quite annoying.

4. Madbloke Forum Member

I'tll be in one of the function things i think - or from memory you might have to keep the on button pressed when putting key in ignition and turning to acc position.

Try an on line search if not or sony web servics and support --- believe they have a page to ask questions to customer support