Speaker location

Discussion in 'ICE' started by clart, May 18, 2010.

1. clart Forum Member

Recently took the rear seats and parcel shelf out of my mk2 as it's turning into a fast road car but still my daily. Now the parcel shelf has gone I want to remove the shelf support parts above the rear arches but don't know where to put the rear speakers as I still want to have some sound quality.

What's everyone's opinions on cutting holes in the rear door cards and relocating them there or anyone got a better idea??

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

put the money and effort into front speakers...dont need rears for a good sound

3. clart Forum Member

You mean upgrading the tweeters in the dash and getting some door pockets that take speakers??

My original idea was based on the mk3 having speakers low down on the rear door cards and the stereo actually sounds alright even as standard. I've got uprated rear speakers that sound good so didn't think I could match it with just a front setup.

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

yeah good quality component set up in the door pockets /dash...if funds allow , then sound deaden the doors , beef up the cards a bit and a decent amp