Speechless

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dodgy, Apr 3, 2023.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Well I must admit I was shocked to see an mg metro turbo for sale at £11k minus its engine,
    But this I actually wondered if it was posted on Saturday morning... Screenshot_20230403-211300_Facebook.jpg

Description just says "pictures speak for themselves "

2. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Looks nice but not 21k nice!

Mind you it's Keighley, the drugs are strong in those parts

dodgy likes this.
  3. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Whoever is selling that has drank far too much of his/her own Kool-Aid - absolutely ridiculous

4. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Got to give it a go I suppose, there are still people out there with more money than sense :lol:

5. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

It's on ebay, item 204294047091 with a lot more detail and pics. To be fair it's had a pretty extensive resto and looks very nice, I'm no expert but if a similar quality mk2 would be at 15k then I'd put the nova at similar money not that I'd pay 15k for a mk2 or nova

Wez likes this.
  6. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah the guy’s probably just trying to get back what he spent on the resto and maybe make a few quid. Depends what value he’s placed on his own time (if he did it himself). Problem is, ask what you want for it but it’s only worth what someone’s prepared to pay for it, so I think it may be on sale for awhile.

7. watercooled Forum Member

I agree,on our countries largest auction site there are guys who price classics on what they have spent and payed someone else to fix,this is ok to a point if the car exceptional but expecting to get $$$ back that is foolish ,these car get relisted over and over with price drops till they reach a reasonable price then someone will buy them ,which is a huge hassle.