speed gun artice

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by gorilly, Jan 23, 2007.

1. I never said it was a super duper job - those were your words. It's just "my job", and I happen to enjoy it.
    I picked up on a point you made about laser guns getting people "blasted", and you got all huffy when proved wrong by a member of the RAF. That's why I questioned your training.

And no, my mate has never trained cops on drinking laws.

Yes, there are plenty of gun clubs that have bars attached (or vice versa) - and two in particular which I attend will serve drink to smeone who is about to shoot. One is a .22 rifle range, the other is the aforementioned clay shooting club. The first actually has a fair few cops as members, and they seem happy to shoot after a pint or two, and don't get the club in "big trouble".
    The second, I have no idea what most of the members do, as I don't go there very often. In fact from what I've seen I suspect most of them are retired, judging by their ages.

Attitudes both police and public to drinking, shooting, driving, etc. seem to vary a lot between here and the mainland.

And that's very nice of you to go to the effort of checking with several gun club members as to what they think of my "quotes" - they are every bit as welcome to their opinions as you are.[:D] :thumbup: [l]

2. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

"I don't think it's a personal attack - and there are aircraft systems that *may* be affected by a speed gun. However there really is no chance of the aircraft releasing against you"

This was part of Dex's second post which goes against you calling me a liar, or a close to it, as I have said, I meant this to be funny point, but folk like you have taken it totally out of context, I seriously think you need to get down to your gun club and have a couple of pints.

As I said you know **** all about my job or in fact my training so quit it now.......as I must point out I know nothing about your job or training, thus even if somebody spoke to me about your job in a pub, I still don't think I would be in a position to **** it off. But off course your mate has told you so you know everything.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  3. MOGGY2000 Forum Member

i dont like guns.

4. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I *LOVE* guns.
    In fact - i might get an "I [l] Guns" T shirt printed. :)

5. MOGGY2000 Forum Member

i love guns mmmmm i bet u mean these

[​IMG]

the beach is that way. lol

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

Ireland, car's & drink.......something i saw often as a kid from adults [:$] .

7. Actually I do know a bit about your job and training - you're a traffic cop, and have just told us that you've been using speed guns for 5 years. And I have the benefit of being best of mates with, and having many long discussions with, someone who is now nearing police retirement age who has been training people like yourself for very many years.

No, you didn't mean it to be a funny point, you stated it as fact. Albeit as a "humorous" fact, but a fact nonetheless.
    Dex then told you otherwise. I'm sure he would be aware if people had been "blasted" by fighter jets while using speed detectors of any kind, and chances are he would have mentioned it. I know Dex fairly well, and in fact I'm sure he would have relished telling the tale - if it had ever happened, or was possible.[:D]

Actually, you would be in a fairly good position to sl*g my job off if someone were to tell you about it in a pub. Given what your own job is. Take from that what you will.

No, I know everything because I am Jesus, and thus omniscient.[:D] [:*:]

8. I might get an "I [l] Guns and I'm drunk" one done........:lol:

9. Aye, as I mentioned earlier, there is (even now) a very different attitude to drink, driving, guns, drugs etc. between NI and the mainland...... for instance I can shoot the neighbour's kids with rocksalt when they hang around outside when he's on holiday and has told them not to be doing that while he's away, and once the dad tells the police "He deserved it, I'd told them not to be hanging about", nothing was done.
    Yet they are far harder on posession of drugs over here - what a cop would do nothing about over there, would see you in court over here! I mean a fella recently caught with 1.5 grams of cannabis resin, up before the beak.......

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

Often we had people down south driving home trashed with a full car of people.......there was so much of it it just got crazy.

Out of hours booze up & paying the garda when they visited.

11. That still happens - there is a bar I drink in a lot that never closes until it's empty, then opens at 6 the next day for an "eye-opener" before you go to work in the fields.......:lol:
    It's worse down south in a lot of country areas, a couple of Gards come in fully uniformed and just get served free drink until they are full, then they stumble on their merry way back to the cop car and back to the station - some stations are very remote so they have beds, and the boys are meant to stay the night for emergency calls. But they leave one behind and the rest of them go off to the bar for a lock-in.......:lol:

12. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Actually I do know a bit about your job and training - you're a traffic cop, and have just told us that you've been using speed guns for 5 years. And I have the benefit of being best of mates with, and having many long discussions with, someone who is now nearing police retirement age who has been training people like yourself for very many years.

Well as you are in NI, and it would appear from your mate, my training differs from his, thus you clearly don't know everything. Why do you take I'm a traffic cop, clearly you don't know that in the UK normal street cops get training in the use of speed detection equipment, or sorry did you know that already.

No, you didn't mean it to be a funny point, you stated it as fact. Albeit as a "humorous" fact, but a fact nonetheless.

**** me I didn't know one of your amy talents was a mind reader and you could actually tell what I meant, you are amazing not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I know everything because I am Jesus, and thus omniscient

You are off your ****ing head.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  13. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

THE SECOND COMING, if you have a now it all pal in the police force, why on earth did you start the following thread surely he could have answered this question quite easily. I can smell ****e.

While driving to my new office over the past couple of weeks, I have been taking a short-cut. This involves driving past an army barracks, along an MoD road. There are bollards to prevent you ramming anything, so you need to go past them on the wrong side of the road. Then you have to swerve back onto your own side of the road, as there are "sabre claws" to slash your tyres on the other side.

Anyway, as this road is generally deserted, I tend to blast along it at about 70. It's short, straight, and a 30 limit. But it appears I have attracted the attention of the guards.
    This morning I was ready to do my (now well-practiced) chicane manouvre, when a (remarkably brave, given my speed) MP fella with speed gun stepped out in front of me with his hand up. Not wishing to damage my grille by hitting him (a rather large man), I stopped. Short lecture - blah blah blah speeding, MoD property this road is, Son, I'm going to have to ask you to turn around and go back.
    Now I have security clearance to actually go INTO the barracks if I wanted, not just drive past it as I was going to do and had been seen doing. But I didn't want to bother getting into THAT argument, so I just said I didn't realise the MoD owned that road as well as the barracks. And in fact, I almost apologisedand turned around as requested.
    Until he said "As you are a civilian, unfortunately I can't issue you with a speeding ticket".
    To which I had no choice but to answer "Well that is VERY unfortunate, isn't it!" before driving away (not racing off), along the road as I had originally intended.
    Despite being armed, he resisted the temptation to shoot me, and just slapped the back window as I drove off.

Is there ANYTHING that he could have done, or was it all just a pointless "Get orf my land!" thing?
    The security people (not that barracks, the central, main security people) have my numberplate and name as cleared for anywhere - so I am thinking of just showing my ID and telling him to f**k himself on Monday, and that I am cleared to go wherever I like......... and that if he tries to stop my car like that again I may not be able to stop in time.....

The True Christ.

14. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

THE SECOND COMING, I've looked up one of your other threads, again this could have been easily answered by your police mate, again I can smell ****e, or is that bull****e

For a "no seatbelt" fine. Blah blah blah, safety, yes, I know.
    Thing is, they have addressed it to my MIDDLE name, and spelt my surname completely wrong (it is a bit of an odd surname).
    So effectively it is addressed to "James fannymuncher", where as my full name would be "Patrick James Pussymuncherhausen"

Now normally I just let these things go to court and never pay the fine, or I have a friend "mislay" them.
    Before I ring one of my team of lawyers, does this make the summons invalid? Can I return it as "Not at this address"?

I used to do that years ago, but seem to remember there was a loophole stopped......

The True Christ.

15. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Now, now ladies, stop *****ing.

Handbags at ten paces?

Blimey Dunter, I can tell that you're traffic, no sense of humour. LOL

16. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

17. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Again THESECONDCOMING surely your cop mate could easily have answered the following, I'm beginning to think your telling porkies, or is that the general direction of your threads complete and utter pish.

I went through a Gatso camera at about twice the limit, but was towing a boat.
    The boat had a trailer board on the back which has the reg. of a car which was stolen, crashed, and burnt out over 2 years ago, and has been crushed. I went back to see if the camera would have captured the tow car plate - no way.
    They might be able to see it was a dark green Passat Estate, but no view of the plate at all.
    Presume it'll just be dumped in the "can't see a thing" bin?

The True Christ

Need I go on and bring up any of your other threads

18. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Dunter, come on mate, you should know not to take things personally, chill out, TSC may be a bit of a 136 job but give him the benefit of the doubt & you'll find he's quite a funny guy.

19. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Funny Guy, I've read some most of his threads, he's on a different planet from the rest of us, whatever the doctors giving him, I want some.:)

20. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

That's what comes from being 2007 years old, different perception of reality to the rest of us

No offence intended TSC, I'm not taking sides.

Can't you two agree to differ & shake hands?