Springs for Mk1

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by ViCk, Dec 1, 2003.

1. ViCk Forum Member

I want a 60mm drop for my Mk1. At the moment the car sits on Koni top adjustables and Eibach Springs, and although the ride is good, its just not low enough. What make of springs are available in 60mm that would still offer the ride quality of Eibach. I can't afford coilovers just yet.

Any help would be much apprieciated, cheers guys.

2. young dub Forum Member

Hey vick seen your car, look nice. But have to say your better off with the set up you got because you wont get a better ride than in eibach springs on a mk1, except coilovers of course. If you decide to change your springs to say raceland it wont make the ride any better it'll probably be worse. Its best to save up for some coilovers, e.g. Supersports.

You could try lowering caps but im not sure if it will make much difference really.

3. ViCk Forum Member

Sulz you from Hayes arn't u? Thanks for your reply bro. Just spend most of my cash on an engine conversion, thats why I was thinkin about lowering springs, but I do agree that coilovers are the best bet.

Probably see what style dynamix can do for me.

4. young dub Forum Member

Yeah near enough, im from hounslow. Try style dynamics, but they'll probably advise you the same thing.

Better off saving again, lol, and go for coilovers, if you gte some other springs you'll be annoyed :lol: coz the ride will be worse.

5. young dub Forum Member

Oh you should have gone to the Essen show, my brothers mate picked up some wicked cheap coilovers for his mk2, and the ride is quality and there not even damping adjustable. :)

6. ViCk Forum Member

That reminds me, my next uni loan cheque comes in January, might aswell get some Koni coilovers.:pCheers again mate, all us local boys should meet up for GTi International 2004.