Standard 16v's ain't that slow - updated with vids!

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Tubthumped, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Admin Guest

sorry that was what i was asking..

50 not bad...

those headlights look shocking!:o

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Yeah, lights are bad. Time to do the loom and fit my 125/160W rally bulbs! :lol:

3. enc. Forum Member

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Hmm, tempted to do a "Standard 8v's are f'kin slow" vid now ;) :lol:

But decided it would be a waste of petrol and dv tapes.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

even sadder was to spends Sunday night watching it!!!:lol: [:$]

All you need is a couple more cameras mounted and we can make fortune with the 'Getaway in Slough' video rights!:clap: !

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

7. Nordoff Forum Junkie

I went the pub instead.
    Seemed and was more productive.
    Need a barny gumble smilie.
    EDIT:
    Me old camcorder is 2kg on the dot and is still quite steady on that mount.

8. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Fair play, headlights are bad! Have you replaced the offside indicator bulb that wasn't working?:lol:

9. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Excellent taste in Music. I love Incubus ! and good video !

10. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

It fixed itself today! [:s] :lol: Stupid frigging German cars... :p

11. Sad As It Sounds I Was Out On Friday Night In The Car Myself, Due To Lack Of Fundage[:^(] [:^(] Made Up For On Saturday As The Company I Work For Hosted The Mtv Pimp My Ride Party, Free Tickets He He:clap: :clap:

12. Love the video.:clap:

You mentioned the camera mount you used. Has anyone used a sticky pod for mounting their camera. I have had the pro pak version a while now and swear by them.

13. beezy16v Forum Member

Why The Capitals With Every Word?:p

14. Kozy Forum Member

I've tried watching that video on my works PC and it's very dark? Canny see much, or is that the point you were trying to make about the headlights?

15. Sorry, Forgot Caps Lock When I Keep Looking Over My Shoulder For My Boss;) ;)

16. ColinT Forum Member

Interesting vid tho I prefer vids without music. A valver is music enough:)

17. fatred8v Forum Member

tis a shame you cant do a proper lap round the ring with one of those on - twould be sweet!

been looking at 'ring vids the past few weeks, makes me more and more determined to sort out the mk2 for next years trip. i'm gunna do it even if it kills me (which it might...)

its very tempting to embed a tiny camera in the chassis properly - panel it in or summin. its not just the ring you can use the video footage for of course!

18. Dono Forum Member

do you have the cat n fiddle video?? the goyte vally - which joins onto the fiddle is quite a demanding road - you tried it?

19. Dono Forum Member

sorry - did any 1 actually mention the cat and fiddle or am i reading things that dont exist - i red it all again and can't seem to find any1 mentioning it sorry.

20. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I've got a video of a Cat and Fiddle run on Google, but it's taking ages to process it for some reason.
    As soon as it's up i'll post it...