Standard or Moddified ?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Bobby_T_16v, Jul 11, 2007.

?

What do you prefer ? or more impressed with ?

1. Standard but in Mint condition

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. Modified

31 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. K'Reg Forum Member

Totally agree with you, mine is white and 5 door and nobody can seem to look past this and see what original and prisitne condition it is in.
    I got fed up with shows as I never won anything despite owning a beautiful car.[:^(]

2. inoakgreen Forum Member

i remember when i was looking for my mk2!!! always wanted either oak green, royal blue, or metallic grey (cant remember name). but the ones i looked at weren't that good, but wanted silly money for it. had to travel 350 mile round trip for mine. but just up the road was a 2dr std 16v (apart from s/s exhaust), owned by an elderly gent. the exhaust looked like std tailpipes (slightly bigger), and 16v badges taken off replaced for 8v. this car was absolutely MINT, and half what i paid for mine. i was so tempted to buy it, but the car was in alpine white!!!! and i had my heart set on mainly oak green!!! i told him i'd see the car i now own, and if i didn't like it, i'd defo buy this one (despite what my mates were saying). in all fairness this car was probably slightly better than mine, but that was the only thing that put me off - the white. when i go to shows now and see std alpine white mk2 golfs i appreciate them more as i recks it suits this model (with all the black plastic trimming). i recks that if i did buy that car instead of mine, i would have got just as much respect (if not more) as i do in my oak green golf, because my personal opinion is they're more rarer!!!! my mates also apreciate these more now as well for the same reason!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

3. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

I've got best of both worlds, standard and modded mk2's

Got to say i'd rather have modded but i class the standard as more of an investment.