stranded NOW by concept 50

Discussion in 'Security' started by BigAl, Feb 2, 2004.

1. BigAl New Member

some time ago (last October) a post on your forum told me how to re-synchronise the keyfob with a Concept 50 alarm. It hadn't worked for 2 years and then it did which was of course almost ridiculously exciting. Thank you to whoever posted that. However, I've forgotten the procedure and now I'm stranded with a car that won't strt because of the immobiliser. The procedure was something like pressing the valet switch 12 times (or was it less?) then doing something else. Could someone please help me with the exact procedure - NOW would be good, it's getting cold. [:^(]

Please help me out - even if I don't have a VW (I'm in an ur quattro).

Please please please...

Al

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

or ign on..enter valet code?

3. BigAl New Member

thanks but that isn't working.

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

dunno then...does it not say on any clifford site

mine went wrong...i located the silver immobiliser box..undid it and joined the wire togehter,its only like 2 relays

5. BigAl New Member

don't even know where the immobiliser box is. let's hope the aa have more luck but i'm not confident.

thanks anyway.

cliffords suck.

6. pigbladder Forum Addict

it'l be under the dash nr the fuse box or under the console..silver metal box

good luck

7. Andy947 Forum Addict

Find where the alarm / immobiliser circuit is?

;) ;)

Dont wanna be too blatant about it

;) ;)
    Edited by: Andy947

8. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

I have a clifford concept 50 handbook sitting in front of me ,what do you want to know ?(I am trying to figure the thing out myself).

9. Andy947 Forum Addict

The old concept 50 is a bit crap stud said, the seperate immobiliser unit thing gives a lot of problems, so when i got mine from him he made a home made immobiliser cicuit n stuff, muchos better!

10. BigAl New Member

thank you all. primary problem solved - battery (heavy duty and new two years ago) was failing. this would not allow the alarm/immobiliser disarm to work. bit of charge, valet switch on, new battery, car working. however, the alternator's charging and there's no load or short with ignition off. mysterious. maybe it's frost damage.

however, the key fob still needs to be synchronised with the alarm since they've now forgotten each other. back in october last year someone on this forum explained the procedure but posts from this era seem to have been mysteriously archived someplace.

the procedure involved switching the valet switch about 12 (?) times backwards then forwards and pressing the keyfob main button. i think. can anyone enlighten me to whatever it is that i'm talkiing about please.

ps. sorry to be playing in your back yard without the required brand of wheels (audi).

11. Studweiser Forum Member

ignition on, enter valet code. imediately the led lights up start pressing the sprung side of the switch a total of 10 times ( will if sirens ok will start chirping after 4, so you'll get total of 7 churps.) press button 1 on the remote, you should get 2 chirps to confirm channel 1 of remote is programmed. you may need to program channels 2,3 and 4 as well. repeat process but 11 presses for 2, 12 for 3 and 13 for 4.

12. BigAl New Member

thank you stud(weiser). much appreciated.:thumbup:

i'll scuttle back to the quattroforum now and never darken your doors again.

cheers vw people. :hug: